Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Long Island NY Impounds

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Island NY Impounds

Anybody else get impounded in Suffolk this past weekend? I got bagged out east on my quad with my buddy. Five tickets and an impound, cop was on a quad and rode up to us. I did not take off which he said was the smart thing to do. Did anybody ever have there quad messed with while in the impound yard?

Old 08-04-2004, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, what were you doing to get 5 tickets and an impound?

Old 08-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Protected/Private land, Tresspassing in Pine Barrens, No regerstration, No insurance. Cop told me if I ran I could have gotten locked up. It happened in Manorville, I'm new to this board and wanted everybody to know they are cracking down like nuts here.
SUFFOLK COPS HAVE QUADS AND BIKES!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Your Tom's little bro right? Didn't he get caught in the same spot last year??!! You dope, the DEC is all over the place there??!! Hes gunna kill u

Old 08-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

Well, as long as you accept it was your own fault. Nows a good time to reconsider riding illegally and making the rest of us look bad, huh?

Old 08-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Trailblazer

hey man, if i were you, i'd fight the ticket about the insurance. im originally from new york, and as far as i know, you are not required to insure an off road vehicle. unless it's changed in the last few years, or you were on a trail that's part of a riding club that has different rules. And the first two tickets, private land and trespassing, that seems like their giving you two tickets for the same thing. the resigstration thing, you're probably going to have to eat that one. but see what the laws are. like i said, im pretty sure that in new york you arent required to have a non-highway vehicle insured. let us know how it goes.

Old 08-06-2004, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

Unless he was caught on a paved road on private land. Insurance rules would still apply. technicality, and a DA may be willing to dismiss it, but it is a motor vehicle, and if operated on road it has to be insured.

Old 08-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer

fyi, if you ride an atv in ny, it must be registered and insured. the penalty is loss of your drivers liscense!!!!(on the uninsured charge) check with the local police, they will definetly know. I ride in upstae and have been stopped several times and have no issues with it, i ride up in maybrook, making sure to stay legal and not in the stewart buffer land. they ride or walk up and check my papers and tel me to stay safe and have fun...they tow the uninsured/unregistered ones

Old 08-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

That's rough. You have to insure offroad vehicles in NY? Ick.

Old 08-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Range Rover

REgistration and insurance is required on all off road vehicles in New York.

Quick Reply: Long Island NY Impounds