Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

MN DNR does it again

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MN DNR does it again

ok here is the scoop the minnesota dnr is right at this very moment trying to shut down all state forrest area's and trails to atv's. ok first off that land was purchased with tax money so it is basically our land so who is the dnr to tell us that we can't drive on there. second they say that alot of the trails are lower and it is rutting them up so they wanna close them yet they are logging off hundreds of acres of woods on state land every year. 3rd in one specific area which is very very popular with atving and snowmobiling they are shutting down 50 percent of the trail system to snowmobilers. 4th they are giving up the leases on 8 cabins on state land that people use to deer hunt out of. ok i could go on like this forever bout our dnr but this is just what is going on right now what they are trying to do my question is, is any other states dnr as bad or worse then minnesota's cause i have always heard that ours is at the bottom of the list that they give very little back to the habitat and are trying to pull stuff like this now and they are doing all this in the area where they make arctic cat and polaris atv's and snowmobiles it is like in tennessee where they make jack daniels it is a dry county for instance. that is not what i want us to make a product here and not be able to use it. but any comments would be appreciated thank you everyone

Old 01-14-2005, 02:46 AM
Quad Patrol

And, people point their fingers at California[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That doesn't sound right at all. I thought Minnesota was a sportsman's paradise[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] If it is true[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Good luck with the fight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Forgive me for being a little sceptical... is this first hand information that you can point others to, or rumors trying to get people all riled up?

I suggest that you post the URL's to any and all articles you are referring to, and let us form our own opinions. IT should all be public record....

Knowing some of the persons in MN DNR personally, I haven't heard that much gloom and doom since Henny Penny did her famous sky is falling act.....

Oh and by the way, most of this is news to my US Forestry friends here in Washington DC.. They are interested in this information as well...

Old 01-15-2005, 05:24 AM
Pro Rider

hey draggin this is first hand stuff i live here and they have been blarring it over the radio non stop for about 2 weeks. the meeting was cancelled last week due to they say poor mapping but it was other things from what i heard. polaris and arctic cat are gonna be sending bus loads of people to the meeting they will be having in warroad minnesota for this meeting to rebel this decision and all of the county comissioners are trying to get the governor and the minnesota legislative to get involved and try to give us a fighting chance and we desperately need anyone and everyone's help. this is a way of life for entertainment and for pleasure up here and alot of people depend on the jobs about 2500 at polaris and about 2000 at arctic cat. if you want to know more info just private message me i wanna try to find friends in higher places. i am not trying to get anyone riled up for no reason i am getting people riled up for a positive reason and make people stand up for something that everyone of us in this sight belive in and that is riding atv's for work and play and transportation in some cases i am actually sitting here with three people who work at polaris industries right now so this is no bs it is a fact.

Old 01-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

ya MN kind of sux for trails,but I know their is @ least 25 nice trails systems in the state.

& I think this year up where your talkin about makin arctic cat and polaris atv's and snowmobiles.

The DNR is opening up a old mine with like 3800 acrs to ride in.............

But O well do as we do & head over to WI.....................

Old 01-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Range Rover

Ya,in my county they are trying to ban ditch riding and riding on state forest roads. When I e-mailed my county comissioner all I got was a feeble run around. Seems like they all ready had their minds made up. My wife and I went over to WI a couple of times last year and spent about a week each time. They enjoyed our money and we enjoyed their trails and hospitality. We plan on going back again this summer. I wish MN DNR would get their heads out of their a$$ and try to promote atving instead of trying to destroying it. Many counties in northern MN could use the extra money that it would bring in. I suppose it is easier for them to just raise taxes. I am also in favor of having harsher punishment for the few idiots that are screwing it up for the rest of us. And to the tree huggers who are againest everything, get a life.

Old 01-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

These are the reasons to organize/join ATV clubs, and state organizations. Sometimes the money being spent on them seems like it isn't doing any good....then you see this stuff surface. Organize! It's the way to make your voice heard, and keep areas open. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Weez, if it's any consolation, one of the news broadcasts down here did a segment on all the Mn money going over the border to WI. I was gigglin' the entire time....cause it's true. Good luck!

Old 01-22-2005, 05:08 AM
Pro Rider

i would like to thank you all for your response and support at the same time we are winning a seemingly loosing battle but, out county commissioners in roseau county put there foots down and are probably more mad at this whole situation as i am and they put to a vote and deprived the dnr rights to drive any of there equipment down township roads which consist of probably about 90 percent of the roads in this county so therefore beings the dnr will be shall we say buttheads about this the county stood up and now the dnr really can't do there job. they can get away with it cause the dnr doesn't give the townships any money to upkeep these roads so i guess they have the right to say who can and can't drive down them. it has gotten to the point for me that my parents own a cabin in canada and i won't be buying a minnesota license for fishing i will be going to canada but it really won't work cause if everyone does that they will raise prices elsewhere. i really do hate to say this but my hate for minnesota's dnr runs so deep that me and everyone else in this area show absolutely 0 respect for them when dealing with them but i would really like to thank everyone who replied [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2005, 02:13 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Hi all! I have a question. How many of you are Blue Ribbon Coalition members Blue Ribbon Coallition
For those who are not.....WHY? Git'r done!

Old 01-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Fully agree with joining the Blue ribbon coalition... and maybe letting the local representative know of your concerns. Just guessing, but hopefully they are already engaged in this battle.