Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

"Treehuggers" as a negative image

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Treehuggers" as a negative image

I have often seen people, especially the down home conservative dominated ATV crowd, speak negatively of 'treehuggers'. I have done so as well.

But, think about it... if we as a group became more concious of our impact, and more vocal on those who do bad, we could do a lot to save our sport. When a hiker or armchair treehugger points out ATV damage, they scream about all ATV riders.

We could be the whistleblowers, but make sure that the attention is on the Bubba Stupid's out there, and not all riders.

Just a thought meandering through my hollow skull.

Old 01-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

i know since i've had my quad and rode it on my grandmas farm i've noticed crops being damaged... well one day i was i nthe back section trimming tree branches and i see this golf cart go by( trespassing) and my vission being bad i thoghut it was my cousin... well i looked around the edge of our property and i noticed he was comnig fro mthe nursery ajasent to the property and he had been gonig throguh cornfields and bean fields liek it was no tomorrow...

Old 01-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

long story short the farmers got on my @$$ for destroying their crops... but a week later the perp comes back when im fishing in the pond in the back and i chased him down and called the cops [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] he got to pay ALOT of $$ in fines

Old 01-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Suggest you check into what many training programs are teaching these days... Honda's training centers are now starting to include environmental awareness training. Many trail building organizations are very clearly focused on building measures that are not only environmentally friendly, but make sure they stay that way when used... in short.. there are alot of initiatives that are being introduced to directly respond to one of the biggest complaints used against ATV's by environmental groups. This data is flitering down to authorities, but not fast enough. We need to bring this to light on all fronts... and thank manufacturers that are being responsive to the needs of their consumers.