Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Outlawing ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005 | 01:53 PM
|
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.
Default Outlawing ATV's

Yo Dragginbutt. I'm getting a chuckle out of your Beltway view of our economy in this flyover land. That's ok. We're used to it.

If only the recreation industry were that vital to our economy, this probably wouldn't be an issue.

Here's the bottom line. People in MN and WI do place a high value on having outdoor recreational resources nearby and convenient. Increasing numbers of them are ATV riders. However, the radical urban tree huggers have the political power and general public support, because no one likes to see trails on public land turned into ugly rutted mud holes. ATV'ers can escape excessive restrictions on public trail access only if they can find a way to maintain the trails so that other users' enjoyment of them is not destroyed. As you pointed out in other postings, there are ways to do this. It's just a matter of getting it done. If it doesn't get done, and soon, I still fear the end result will be the banning of ATV's from public trails.

Old 01-24-2005 | 02:31 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Default Outlawing ATV's

Old 01-24-2005 | 07:03 PM
|
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.
Default Outlawing ATV's

Hey weez. I read an article about the MN DNR eliminating permanent deer stands on state land. That was being blamed on ATV'ers. Said that they were using the 4-wheelers to haul in building materials to construct huge plywood structures in the trees. One article quoted a DNR type as saying there were cases of some people even hauling in couches and carpeting for their stands. That's what you read about in the Minnesota newspapers, but I suspect they are sensationalizing. It shows the impact that a few people doing stupid things can have.

If it's any consolation, I've never been able to put a permanent deer stand on public land in Wisconsin, and it's no big deal. I use a ladder stand that I can haul in with my ATV. I can just lay it on the ground when I leave in the evening, but sometimes I forget.

Old 01-24-2005 | 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Outlawing ATV's

i guess it is no big deal to me about the permanent stands on state land between 6 of us hunters we have appoximately 1500 acre's of prime hunting land but it is just another stranglehold the dnr is trying to get on people and that is funny about blaming atv's for permanent stands so you mean to tell me if they parachuted in these material's that they would ban airplanes from flying over state land??? lol sorry i was making fun of their response to that and well atving and snowmobile very largely effects the economy here just for job purposes 45 miles to the south we have arctic cat and 15 miles to the east we got polaris and how many small businesses flurish off of those people going to work and whatnot. and well i hate to agree with the dnr about anything but they did put a smaller limit on the walleye here which i gotta say about time. to many greedy people it doesn't bother me to go out fishing all day and throw every one of them back maybe keep 1 or 2 that can't be saved i got a lil place i go northern pike fishing and i can catch up to 100 within an hour with none of that fancy stuff and every one of them goes back no matter how big they are cause they are just a blast to catch specially when the temperature is just right around the 4th of july the lil 3 pounders fight like 20 pounders it is a blast [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and may i say god bless the outdoors and hopefully we can continue to enjoy them

Old 01-25-2005 | 08:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default Outlawing ATV's

Heck Weez, you and I got to talk.... I haven't had a day of Pike fishing for over 30 years... I could sure use a fix.... Ya gotta help me man... I am surrounded by bass fishermen and perrier and light beer drinking NASCAR fans out here in the East. I need some good old fashioned Pike fishing, minnow hooking, beer drinking, bratwurst eating, mosquito slapping, flannel shirt and blue jeans wearing, fish gutting recreation... before I die...

Old 01-26-2005 | 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Outlawing ATV's

what do you need minnows for? daredevil's or rapala's is all that is required. sometimes it is fun to sit on shore and tast out a spinner with some frozen smelt on or something and a bobber and sit back and drink beer until it is late and build a fire and put bells on the end of the poles and sink them down to the bottom and then convert to catfishing. i guess you can say we sure do enjoy slowing things down on the weekends and enjoying ourselves and sure thing draggin i would be happy to gotta see how the spring is first to determin how good the fishing is gonna be 2 out of the last 3 years we had floods here and my river wasn't very good but those were freaky years but when it doesn't flood in the spring then we are in for a treat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] got myself a lil 14 foot boat and a 15 horse boatmotor on it and i go cruising everywhere [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] big time fun and whats wrong with nascar? i like nascar. GO DALE JR.

Old 01-26-2005 | 09:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default Outlawing ATV's

Well, nothing.. but dude, have you seen the typical fan out here? A different animal... (OH man am I going to catch heck for that) I grew up in IL/WI and know what short track racing is all about. I especially love to get back to Sun Prairie WI to catch the midgets when ever I can... but here on every corner, there are "Fans" wearing their favorite driver's stuff, and you would swear they were either fatherd by them, or slept with them, as they know everything there is to know about "thier" driver.... I mean, who cares if Tony Stewart wears briefs or boxers... Come on... These people are almost as bad as... well.. Redskins fans... (Doh, I am going to go to hell for that one..) Now that Joe Gibbs is back, it is enough to drive a person wacky....

Old 01-26-2005 | 11:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Outlawing ATV's

i guess you could say as loyal as packer fans and a$$'s like philly's fans huh? lol i like nascar watch alot of races i am joining a fantasy league this year but i am not that gung ho i got guys i like and guys i don't like which makes it interesting even though i really hate to see 20,24,48,and 31 in victory lane makes for good arguements like atv brand loyal people [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]