Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Let's Stop Banning ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's Stop Banning ATV's

If you would like to sign a petition that will be sent to President George W. Bush to help stop ATV banning, please send an e-mail to jordanweir@msn.com with the title “Petition Against ATV Banning” (without “”). If you do not use that exact Email Title, I will not receive your signature. Include your first and last name, along with the state you live in (Example: Joe Schmoe – Alaska). Please have everyone you know that is willing to support our cause sign the petition. Thanks!

Old 02-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

IM DOWN!

Old 02-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Please send an email to jordanweir@msn.com with Petition Against ATV Banning as the title. Thanks!

Old 02-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

I think if we can get 200,00 or more people I think it will go through. How can any one ignore 200,000 people.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Actually, quite honestly, my goal is 1 million...

Some may say that will never happen, but they don't need to be people that own ATVs, it can be anyone that wants to allow ATV use. Ask your friends, co-workers, classmates, relatives to sign it.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

I asked my friends. and I gave you around 8 signatures in that email. Ill definatley get more tomroow. I think if every 1 gets some people to sign say, there are 150,000 in this forum. If there are familys wid 4 people. maybe the can get their familys signatures and that is 600,000 right there in this forum, but if you get some friends and stuff we can get 1 mill easy. NO 1 CAN IGNORE 1 MILLION PEOPLE!

Old 02-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

COME ON GUYS!!(just writing that so that people can see it on the new topics)

Old 02-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

i signed it and posted it on the arctic cat site

Old 02-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Pro Rider

I've got mine sent. Hope it helps.

What doesn't help is seeing articles every day about people getting killed or hurt on ATV's. I have my Yahoo page set to collece news stories about anything "ATV" and 99% of the stuff is BAD NEWS. People getting killed, kids riding ATV's too big for them and getting killed or injured (and mostly without helmets), land owners up in arms about trespassers, noise in quiet neighborhoods, and on and on.

I think we're going to have an uphill battle because there appears to be more of them than us, or at least more of them willing to complain.

But I worry about all this anti-ATV stuff as much as the next guy and I live in Nevada where almost the entire state is my riding area - SO FAR.

Old 02-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Yeah weell don't be surprised when it comes to your area... I like you idea on filtering on ATV news.... it validates what we have been saying all along. Responsible riding starts with competent training programs. Awareness is lacking.. and we need to do something about that. Most importantly, we must make the good stuff that people are doing known to a public who's opinions are based on what they read in the media...

Quick Reply: Let's Stop Banning ATV's