Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

WAY OFF SUBJECT but just interested

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005 | 11:18 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default WAY OFF SUBJECT but just interested

ok i don't want to search around the net and i figure someone would know. there is this cop that lives a couple miles from me and well she is state patrol and nasty. she has given people speeding tickets for doing 62 in a 55 before i mean a real battleaxe. anyways today she had a motorcycle pulled over and she whipped around when she was done and happened to come up behind me. well i was doing 60.5 mph according to my GPS. anyways she passed me and the first car she met she flashed her lights for them to slow down met the second car and flahsed her lights for them to slow down and i noticed she was getting kind of far ahead of me, then she was gone i know she was doing well over 100 mph cause after i went about a mile she was darn near a mile ahead of me already with no lights on or nothing passing cars like they were standing still. oh and she has an unmaked car as well. my ? is that she is out to protect against dangerous drivers and i found this to be completely unacceptable she is supposed to enforce the law not be above the law. i guess my question is, is there anything me as a private citizen can do? beings she is my neighbor i wouldn't want to give her a reason to be mad at me and pull me over and harass me just because she is mad. if she had her lights on it would be no big deal but i estimated her speed anywhere between 100 and 120 mph. thank you for your comments [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2005 | 05:05 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

About the only thing you can do is report her to her superiors. Internal Affairs (or it's equivelent). That's about the only thing that you can do.

Exceeding the speed limit by any amount, is illegal and you're subject to a fine.

Around here (California) on a divided road generally the CHP (equivelent of most states State Police, etc.) will let you go at about 62 MPH if you are towing a trailer (55 MPH Speed Limit). And that's if you aren't hazardous. Driving sanely, not passing, keeping in the appriopriate lanes, etc. Most of the truckers keep it between 60 & 62 and go forever without tickets. However, they CAN still be cited for it.

One thing to never mention if you make a report is that you had a GPS and that you were going the speed limit. They could always subpoena the GPS and any track if it's in there and give you a ticket. That's the problem with GPSes...if you run the track...it will show how fast you were going and when and where.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-12-2005 | 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

It's easy to assume she was hurrying off to have her nails done or something.. however I am also a realist. I don't question what they are doing... the fact that they are out there, and doing their job is enough for me. With age come wisdom some say...

I also know that there are times when officers must respond without lights or siren... If you ever need an officer, you might tend to overlook some of these incidents... There are so many other things that need our attention.. we can't possibly fight them all.

Weez my friend, let go of all the anger and frustration... it will eat you up, and cloud your vision to the point where you can't see the good times when they are right there in front of you. You have a lot to be thankful for... you just have to look for it...

Old 07-12-2005 | 11:18 PM
|
Pro Rider

thank you for your comments and this isn't the first time i seen her do this and it was on a busy highway headin back to town so if it was an emergency she should have had her sirens on. she is supposed to enforce the law she isn't above it and there is to many people in this world that when they get a lil power they will abuse it. i wouldn't care so much if she was doing say 70 or something but it was just wreckless how fast it was draggin i know you are trying to help and i thank you for this and it is always appreciated but i do know what i seen. for instance she pulled over this person in front of me a couple years ago and she came up on me so fast i could hardly get over in time and she flew by me doing about 100 just to catch a guy for speeding and i know it was for speeding cause i work with the guy but i was just wondering what you guys think.

Old 07-13-2005 | 08:08 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

OK, but ask yourself if this is a battle worth taking on..... sometimes you have to just walk away....