Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

ATV age limit

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007 | 09:39 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Default ATV age limit

We usually have about 10 families and stay a minimum of one to two weeks, and are always carefull to avoid Dune Fest. We do park our rigs at a relatives campsite on 10 Mile Lake, so it is true we aren't spending money on either hotels or camping fees, but we do buy groceries, pizza, gas, parking fees at the dunes, fishing licenses, etc.........

Old 02-02-2007 | 01:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV age limit

We must of vonviced him, he aint replied back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2007 | 11:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV age limit

Originally posted by: reconranger
We usually have about 10 families and stay a minimum of one to two weeks, and are always carefull to avoid Dune Fest. We do park our rigs at a relatives campsite on 10 Mile Lake, so it is true we aren't spending money on either hotels or camping fees, but we do buy groceries, pizza, gas, parking fees at the dunes, fishing licenses, etc.........
From a fiscal impact point of view ATV tourists provide negligible revenue for Oregon businesses and the state when
compared to traditional tourists who rent rooms, take all meals out at restaurants and also spend on attractions, licenses, etc. As an example, the Oregon lodging tax of 1% furnishes over $10M/yr in tax revenue from just motel/hotel/RV lodging. The visitor business revenue to generate just that tax revenue stream dwarfs visitor ATV family expenses who camp out (with or without a trailer).

The thread began with someone suggesting Oregonians write their elected reps to kill an ATV operator age limit bill. Then someone else jumped in with how Oregonians should stress to their reps the economic benefits of allowing children of all ages who visit Oregon to ride their ATVs with no restrictions.

Again, I don't care where or how people spend their leisure time. To make a statement that ATV visitor financial impact is of enough importance to kill legislation of age limitation for ATV riders is just plain ridiculous. Tax revenue from safety courses to license those ATVers without state driver licenses (from any state) would also dwarf groceries, pizza and gas expenditures by ATV visitors and residents.

If Oregon was smart, and thanks to those who overstate their own individual importance this is a letter I will write, Oregon should be collecting a hefty registration tax on all out-of-state ATVers/dirt bikes who use Oregon facilities, as other states have done for years, and push ATV classes/licensing for Oregonians under state driver licensing age.

Old 02-02-2007 | 12:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV age limit

Originally posted by: quadduck
We must of vonviced him, he aint replied back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Nah, the weather here has been absolutely perfect for outdoor activities so forums lose my attention.

Old 02-04-2007 | 03:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV age limit

I wonder, does someone belong to the seirra club. Give me a break does he even really own a quad\ride a quad?
The mole has been discovered!

Old 02-12-2007 | 04:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default ATV age limit

Michigan already has age limits.. see http://www.offroad-ed.com/mi/handbook/

So who is the mole?

Actually the money spent does affect the local economy where the atv'ers stay & ride.

Claiming otherwise is just stupid.

Will age limits hurt, just like any regulations, yes in some way it will.

Motorsports [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2007 | 03:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default ATV age limit

What states make you pay extra??? We've went to Idaho, never paid anything extra. Going to Utah this summer and we don't have to pay extra to ride there?? Do you have any idea what this law could do the thousands of families that own quads and the wonderful quality time they get to spend together with eachother and friends in groups enjoying theiswonderful state we live in?? What kind of person would want to take this away from kids? Kids can swim in any body of water and it's the parents job to make sure they won't sink....they can walk down the street and it's the parents job to make sure then know how to cross without gettting ran over....it is our job to keep out kids safe not the State of Oregon. We need to all pull together and make sure that they realize what a mistake this is for Oregon and the people that live here!

Old 02-28-2007 | 02:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default ATV age limit

Sir I am a bit taken back by your input here. How is it possible that visitors to the dunes to not substantiate economical impact. Are you sure you're drinking good water?
I don't mean to be insubordinate, but seriously do you get out? This is not a few campers in tents, the dunes area is booked almost a year in advance - every camp ground during the spring and summer. Hotels are booked more than not, this is one area you don't find cheep rates during these months. Restaurants are packed, and the gas, well suffice to say these aren't hybrids being driven, no trucks pulling toy haulers or motor homes with cargo trailers. Not just Groceries and firewood but everything in the stores are moving from the shelves, and this all happens in areas of depressed economies.

Old 02-28-2007 | 10:16 AM
|
Range Rover
Default ATV age limit

way to go sandflicker, you are correct. Look forward to seeing you at the Temporaryinsandity Meeting on the 10th.

Old 02-28-2007 | 03:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ATV age limit

Some of these people are starting to really get to me with their personal observations which may (or may not) be accurate, and they try to pass it off to others as valuable information. It isn't , and it is wrong to spred propaganda.

I'll see you at the meeting, and am looking forward to it too.

Quick Reply: ATV age limit