Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

YOUR Quad will be worth nothing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOUR Quad will be worth nothing!!!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Tass

Your posts are quite clear. Please take a moment to review the posts in "They just closed Factory Butte in Utah" particularly the posts by "wolvydude". He seems to indicate a different picture on at least one forest in Michigan. My posts are an attempt to get individuals to make sure they know what is happening in reference to the Access Travel Management Plan........Then get involved and make some noise. If it is a collective noise making there might be some hope, otherwise it will be as wolvydude indicates happened on the Ottawa and what is currently taking place on the Wallowa-Whitman........Tass</end quote></div>

The information I posted in that thread is, unfortunately, quite accurate. I got the information straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. Individuals who were actively fighting to keep as much of the Ottawa NF open as possible. They were there when the ax fell. With a stroke of a pen, the Ottawa went from 90% open to atv travel to 90% closed. Countless miles of old, abandoned logging and mining roads that made for spectacular riding are now untouchable. I will still be there to ride the few token areas of the Ottawa that are still open to atv's, but it will only be a shadow of it's former self. This is a subject I would love to be wrong about, but I'm not...

Old 06-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Trailblazer

Baseball, lokk up "NAtional travel Management rule" You'll see all the USFS site changing everything. It'll also tell you the rule in detail. Thank you Slick *****, what a lasting legacy!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Range Rover

baseball. I will find the site address for the document from then Chief of the Forest Service Bosworth and send it to you. If you read his document you will think "a reasonable man looking for a reasonable solution". I will then send you a site that will let you see what the Wallowa Whitman and others are actually implimenting...........not even close to being the same.........The final insult, the theft of public ground and pubic access.......Tass

Old 06-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Range Rover

wolvydude,chickenlips,muddy4life.
http.//www.fs.fed.us/recreation/programs/ohv/index.shtml

This address will get you to the basis of the complete lockup of public lands.
When you read the statements by Mr. Bosworth it is hard to turn them into the proposal now facing numerous forests in the nation.
The Wallowa Whitman in Oregon..........losing 6000 miles of access.
The Ottawa in Michigan......95% lockup.
Factory Butte in Utah........shut down.
Pick a National forest, ask a question............
Then you will see what is happening........................Tass

Old 06-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Awesome info Tass. Thanks for the website.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer

When you read the statements by Mr. Bosworth it is hard to turn them into the proposal now facing numerous forests in the nation.

Then you will see what is happening........................Tass</end quote></div>

Yup, just when we need more riding areas, the existing ones are being closed up, locked up and shut down. What-ever you call the anti-atv/anti-orv crowd, they has made great progress in closing down riding areas. They have been shutting down public and private trails for many years, they will not stop either. These anti types can not be compromised with, they will never stop.

Take a look at the new Motor Vehicle Use Maps for Ottawa forest and then see what is happening. http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/ottawa.../travel_mgmt/index.htm

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>YOUR Quad will be worth nothing!!!</end quote></div> IMO depending where you live, now might even be too late to sell your atv?

More info on usfs Travel Management & Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Program

Motorsports [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Motorsports

Then you will see what is happening........................Tass</end quote></div>

Yup, just when we need more riding areas, the existing ones are being closed up, locked up and shut down. What-ever you call the anti-atv/anti-orv crowd, they has made great progress in closing down riding areas. They have been shutting down public and private trails for many years, they will not stop either. These anti types can not be compromised with, they will never stop.

Take a look at the new Motor Vehicle Use Maps for Ottawa forest and then see what is happening. http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/ottawa.../travel_mgmt/index.htm

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>YOUR Quad will be worth nothing!!!</end quote></div> IMO depending where you live, now might even be too late to sell your atv?

More info on usfs Travel Management & Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Program

Motorsports [img][/img]</end quote></div>

They gonna take away the race tracks too?

Old 06-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

Thankfully, I haven't heard of any closures here in Canada yet, and in Ontario, more trails are being mapped and opened up all the time.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

Guess everybody will be trading in on streetbikes? I'll be picking up your used 07 grizzly for next to nothin' right?

I'll always have lots of farm land to ride...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: squeege

Guess everybody will be trading in on streetbikes? I'll be picking up your used 07 grizzly for next to nothin' right?

I'll always have lots of farm land to ride...[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Who's sellin' a used 07 grizzly for next to nothing??

I could use a bigger upgrade for next to nothing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Motorsports [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: YOUR Quad will be worth nothing!!!