Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

YOUR Quad will be worth nothing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007 | 09:54 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default YOUR Quad will be worth nothing!!!

Here we go again.........................

Old 07-06-2007 | 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry, I forgot to inform you all that atvs can legally go down these trails at the present time.

Some have questioned why motorcycle groups have been given so much power by the DNR or why their leaders are given extended terms without announcement to wield said power well after others in the majority should have been allowed to participate in the process.

If the tree huggers in your state natural resource department can keep a thousand or more miles of trail shut down FOREVER to but a tiny amount of motorcycle traffic by a shrinking minority group of riders using a quickly shrinking amount of trails....exactly who has won the battle here?

This is the most powerful group in motorsports literally slamming the door on massive amounts of trail mileage that in most cases could be multi-use and certainly a resource that we could all work TOGETHER on stewarding.

Instead, were asked to believe that this whole travel management fiasco wasn't about simple "greed" or certainly not about our failure to work together on these issues...but by gosh forces 100% out of the community's control.

And I've got some swamp property that I'd like you all to take a look at.....

Old 07-06-2007 | 03:23 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>An Invitation to Ride
Off-highway vehicles (OHV) are welcome on the National Forests when traveling on designated routes or areas. However, increased use of OHVs has caused resource damage. For this reason, the Travel Management Rule was developed to create a sustainable system of designated routes and areas for increasing number of OHV riders.

Each National Forest will provide a Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) that defines the routes developed to provide OHV visitors with some great riding adventures. These MVUMs will be developed by 2009 for each National Forest in the Eastern Region.

Remember to be responsible towards the land so as to preserve the recreational opportunities for generations to come. For your own safety as well as the protection of the land, please stay on the trail.</end quote></div> quoted from http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/

Old 10-30-2007 | 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

i *****ingggggggggg hate got damn tree hugers

Old 11-27-2007 | 11:03 AM
Trailblazer

gotta b above the law.....//or below? maybe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2007 | 10:45 PM
Range Rover

Here on the Wallowa Whitman we may loose the access but we will loose it kicking and screaming and demanding legitimate action. Both the USFS and the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife have become zoo keepers instead of land or wildlife managers....Both agencies are under the impression individuals like klickit755 and motorsports or myself can be penned in like sheep or cattle. Both agencies are using personal bias, inuendo, hearsay, lies and BS to legitimize their statements. Keep in mind folks, this is a nationwide program...........wherever you are you are about to loose access if you have not lost it already. Its ok to hide your head in the sand and let things go down the tube if you want but that is not the route that real Americans can tolerate. Folks can give up their own rights if they choose to but they certainly cannot give away mine, or klickit755 or motorsports. Its fine to worry about state activities and losses, those should be fought also but the taking by the Federal government cannot be ignored........Tass

Old 01-01-2008 | 12:21 PM
Trailblazer

Just read the first few lines of this topic and just have to say check out northern Maine... I know it is hell and gone from anywhere but they are over and above ATV friendly. We have trips we do of 150 miles in one direction without going in circles or crossing same trails.There are stores and lodging with easy access to trails all over so don`t sell ya wheelers just yet.....

Old 01-02-2008 | 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

Nothing is gonna change in this country when half the people either have there heads up there asses ,think there 2 good dont have to care or are just plain lazy or stupid half baked.I had said something last week to a coworker an he bitterly replied that isnt gonna happen when people cant even get together for a half an hour to protest.I told him I feel that way bout riding how we gonna save land when ya cant even get people to ride with ya.It will end up being a rich mans sport like Golf an skiing an if ya have it ya will an if ya dont ya wont.Theres still hope for me I can still trade up for a ZX1400 theres always streetbikes.

Old 01-02-2008 | 10:17 PM
Range Rover

I certainly do hope there will always be some place like Maine with a friendly atmosphere and a welcome for those that ride to recreate. I am afraid though that money, politics, and environmentalists will eventually take all of that away though.
Sugarhead makes the comment that nothing is going to change........Consider this if you would almost without notice the USFS decides to regulate recreation and the first hit is ATV and motorcycle and pickup. The next hit will be snowmobiles and horses. Consider this also...........December 6th Abigail Kimball, Chief of the USFS announced a new national strategy. It is called the open lands strategy. The USFS will now be actively working to lure private and state land owners and managers into a plan to link up unending corridors for wildlife and vegitation. Has anyone heard of that plan before? I doubt it or someone would have posted it on this forum. The changing is on the way Sugarhead, whether or not you are involved.
I do not need a crowd to pitch a fit, I do not need public acceptance to protest, I do not need permission to demand my right to access and recreation. I do not need the government to say it is ok either. This BS is wrong, lock up and lock out is a taking of what belongs to YOU and ME. The end result may be the same with or without my actions but by damn my friends and family will know I did not just roll over and say "kick me again". From the tone of your posting I would guess you feel the same way.
They may very well take it all, but I will not give them anything...............Tass

Old 01-03-2008 | 01:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Lots of good points made here. Now actual letters / faxes / or phone calls need to be delivered to each and every politician you can contact. We can agree on anything we want, but the people pushing the bills that get made into the laws banning our sport need to hear from people that aren't tree huggers.

Quick Reply: YOUR Quad will be worth nothing!!!