Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Rangers for Responsible Recreation

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 05:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rangers for Responsible Recreation

MWQ,
Stand up like a man. Dont be like our ORV leaders here in Michigan. Have some stones. Strap on a set.

I just HAD to do that! [lol]

Old 09-19-2007, 12:57 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE

MWQ,

Stand up like a man. Dont be like our ORV leaders here in Michigan. Have some stones. Strap on a set.

I just HAD to do that! [lol]</end quote></div>

LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Dont you remember Muddy? Im a 2 wheeled guy. I infiltrated the forums and made it to mod. In a attempt to keep the 2 wheeled guys in Michigan in control. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Im pretty sure that was stated by my good buddy from Mich at one time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Speaking of him...I never did get a answer to my "How wide would you like the trails to be in Michigan?" question.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

And after the PM I got from you , HOPEFULLY, we NEVER will get an answer from him [he is GONE] ..

Just keep the Mich 2 wheeled guys happy for us [lol]

Bill

Old 09-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mywifesquad:

BB, its getting pretty boring reading about your disapproval of the ORV leadership in your home state. In just about every DARN thread you take the time to post in.

reconranger, i have been riding off road in Ca since about '74. Dont have any real memories of the state run off road parks until the early '80's. There is no arguement that the rangers at the riding areas are changing. It used to be that the rangers that worked at the riding areas were riders first and rangers second. Now they seem to be environmentalists first, rangers second and maybe they can sort of ride.

I agree with both points......1st point - did someone say something in this thread
about "a form of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), that manifests itself as extremism.....

2nd point - It is getting pretty bad out here on the left coast. Every time it rains the OR park above Lake Elsinore is closed. I can't find any place that allows you to ride in the mud anymore. At least not any place near the OC.....if there is I'd like to know.

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

Save the Whales, Kill Babies, Raise Taxes, Vote Democrat

Old 10-09-2007, 12:27 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE

Just keep the Mich 2 wheeled guys happy for us [lol]

Bill</end quote></div>

Not a problem Muddy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-09-2007, 12:33 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DeeDawg

I agree with both points......1st point - did someone say something in this thread
about "a form of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), that manifests itself as extremism.....

2nd point - It is getting pretty bad out here on the left coast. Every time it rains the OR park above Lake Elsinore is closed. I can't find any place that allows you to ride in the mud anymore. At least not any place near the OC.....if there is I'd like to know.</end quote></div>

Thats a nice way to put it...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I think the rangers lack of riding ability and them now being environmentalists(for the most part). Has a lot to do with the rain closures. Carnegie Cycle park is awesome when its wet. Unfortunately they now close the hills if it rains a little. i have beaten the system by getting there when it opens and heading straight for the hills. They usually close the hills after opening the main gate and not before.

I think you can ride at Fouts Springs(near StonyFord, Ca) and also at Frank Raines(near Patterson Ca) when its raining. Fouts Springs is a nice place to take the family to ride. Frank Raines is Expert level only unless you stay on the roads.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

I was wondering? Is the reason "Rangers" are being harder on riders because of the increased numbers of riders on a limited amount of land. Maby they have to be harder on riders to help protect the riding areas we do have. For example ATV use has something like doubled in the last 5-10 years, yet we seem to have less and less available land to ride on. More ATV/Cycles and less and less land leads to more and more wear and tear on our trail systems. Maby they are just trying to keep them sustainable for years to come. I'm an avid ATV rider and an environmental science graduate that works in natural resource management. I hope thier are still natural resources to manage in the future.