Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Nice to see(read)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice to see(read)

I am just a newbie to this amazing site. I have been helped with a problem that has been going on for years and I am going to insist that my friends at least visit to see first hand that atv folks can stick together. I have read some of the threads about trails being closed to irresponsible riders and I can tell you they are not always young. Our small community has always allowed atv riders and snow machines access to town as long as they were ridden with respect. We have had a recent influx of people to our sleepy little hamlet most of who are retired or close to it.
Our family has enjoyed the ability to ride right out of our garage and head out of town to a trail or public grazing reserve. That ability or better stated priveledge has been taken away by a few non respectful, irresponsible and supposedly old enough to know better riders. For some reason I could not get the rest of my fellow riders to stand up with me and now instead of riding out of our garages we have to load up the trailer and haul our machines out of town. Kind of hard to tell my kids the right way to do things when they see these turkeys riding drunk no helmets and drag racing down main street at three in the morning.
Amazing how years of a good thing can get ruined by a couple of people in so short a time

Old 03-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Sad but true.