Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Ridiculous Yamaha Ad

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ridiculous Yamaha Ad

Ok.. I watched this... and yamaha is scraping the bottom of the barrel for mud to throw at honda... really... Makes me want to sell me blaster :lol

YFZ450 vs. Honda 400 EX - YouTube

Old 03-22-2012, 07:26 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

Well, they are right about the old motor and technology in the 400. Still, you'd think they'd compare it to the Honda 450r.

Now if I was sitting at home on the coach thinking about picking up a 400ex, it would have me asking why I'm not getting the Yammi 450.

Most ads aren't targeted at an informed consumer.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, but id druther have a dependable air cooled 400

Old 03-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Yeah, but I sure did like my quicker water cooled kfx400.

Bought it at a Honda/Kawi dealer. Wouldn't come down the trx, but gave me a great deal on a kfx still in the crate. Although it was the last year Kawi carried the 400.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It's comparing two quads in the same price range. You get a lot more for your buck with the Yamaha. It's certainly worth looking at if you can get that much more performance for the same price range. If Honda had a 450 in the same price range I'd probably go with a Honda but Yamahas are very reliable also now.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

Originally Posted by TacticalRedneckofKentucky
Yeah, but id druther have a dependable air cooled 400
They are dependable. They run forever. If you change the timing belt when it stretches, deal with the inevitable smoke billowing out of the tail-pipe due to worn seals, and don't mind reworking the headlight harness when it starts shorting out because of the poor protection to the wiring behind there. : P

Haha, no they are great solid machine's. Just always thought the "dependability" was a little over stated. There are tons of 400ex's around here. They have their common problems among them like any machine does.

Either way, STUPID move on yamaha's part.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

I don't think it was. Like Moose said, they using a price comparison.

The yami isn't a piece of crap that will fall apart no matter what you do. So if I'm planning on taking care of either choice, and they're the same price, why wouldn't I get the yami?

The thing I see wrong with the ad is they're not comparing like models.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
I don't think it was. Like Moose said, they using a price comparison.
That video is hardly just a price comparison. Weight, compression, acceleration they compare it all.... Doesn't the 400EX start around $5999? With the YFZ $6999 and the 450R $7999 they could compare 450's at the same price difference.

I agree with OP. It's like they are afraid to compare the 450's for some reason and picking on a different machine. It's like if Honda came along and compared their 450R to a 350 Raptor and started talking about how it was based on the warrior.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Like I said in my first post, it's not targeting someone like any of us. It's gonna catch the eye of that kid wanting to get his first atv and never having ridden on or know much about them. Or his parents that are getting one and see they can get a bigger, faster bike for the same money.

I see a lot of new members here who say they're new to atv's. I would say that is the ads target audience.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
I see a lot of new members here who say they're new to atv's. I would say that is the ads target audience.
Ya, your right on that. Unfortunately, it think it leaves a bad tast in the mouth of a few ATV hobbyists that are in the know.

Quick Reply: Ridiculous Yamaha Ad