Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

5-year-old dies in ATV crash

Old 07-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 07-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Sad. A totally preventible accident.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Range Rover

my son is 5, if anything he would be sitting in front of me, me driving, and be wearing full gear! As Scootergptx said totally preventable. Very sad!

Old 07-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Probably weren't wearing helmets either. Just a series of doing things you shouldn't do. Would also bet it was a single rider quad. Just a guess. It's sad to have to learn things the hard way. I hope others see this and don't do the same. Tragic to lose a 5 year old to this kind of thing.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Trailblazer

sad, sad...my 5 year old boy rides with me, but he is in front of me. He also rides his own Raptor 50 with me on the local trails (i am behind him and neighbor rides in front of him so he is sandwiched between us kind of). I would bet that poor girl was not wearing a helmet?? I dont let my son on any of our wheelers without his full face helmet on

Old 07-18-2012, 04:22 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

small inexperienced brains (the adult rider) and atv's are a dangerous combination...
so sad when a lapse in judgement from an adult kills a child- especially in such a preventable death like this.
3 people on a sport quad riding up a hill with no helmets on? wtf!
incidents (not accidents) like this don't happen to regular people, just stupid people with no common sense!
sorry- just a little angry. Reading this crap effects me for days. poor little girl

Old 07-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son started out riding sitting in front of me, helmet and gloves on, at age 4, I never let him out of my sight while on the quad. So sad a 5 yr old child had to pay for the stupidity of a "grown up" who should have known better. There should be charges filed against the driver of the ATV.

Not to take away from this tradgedy....but you know very well the anti-ATV groups will blow this all out of proportion and probably try to use it to put even more restrictions on ATVs.....they could care less what happened to the child, they will just see it as an opportunity to attack ATVs in general.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by 95wolv

Not to take away from this tradgedy....but you know very well the anti-ATV groups will blow this all out of proportion and probably try to use it to put even more restrictions on ATVs.....they could care less what happened to the child, they will just see it as an opportunity to attack ATVs in general.
Even worse, those same groups will try to convince the family it was the machines fault and not theirs.

I understand a lot of adults don't wear helmets or gear, that's a choice they are able to make. But for kids, there should be no question as to whether they need the gear or not. When my great niece rode with me on my quad or on one by herself, we both wore the gear.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

a dam shame..................

Old 07-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.
Default learn and live

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
...I hope others see this and don't do the same...

That's exactly why I posted this. If you are aware of what crap is happening, you get mentally primed to keep it from happening to you. I tend to tune out safety sermons about what could happen or what might happen. But, I can't ignore something that actually did happen.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5-year-old dies in ATV crash