Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Trail widths

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

17K is cheap. I just went on line and built a Can-Am Maverick X3 the way I'd like it from the factory. Over 30K... Ah... No. Unless I win the Powerball Sat night anyway.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Dee, no problem... as I get older a couple things are working to make it hard to type anyway. One of the reasons I dropped off the planet a while ago was I was involved in two serious automobile accidents. Both times I was in traffic and stopped, and was nailed from behind by a Ford Truck the first time, and a Saturn the second. Both times my car was totaled, and I was knocked unconscious. The first one was worse. The truck's front end was up against the back of my head, the seat back actually broke off too. (Dodge caliber) My car flew through the air too. My eyes were open, I thought I was awake, but I was unable to move anything. The doctor said I was out. The eyes and ears may have been functional, but the brain was not. It hit so hard I felt the shockwave go right up the spine and every vertebrae cracked like I was at the chiropractor's office. There is a membrane behind the eyes that seals your cranium so the brain fluid doesn't leak out. I ruptured BOTH of them, and was leaking cranial brain fluid for 2 days. The second was a repeat of the first. So needless to say, I had two serious concussions. And was unable to read, or type. I am just now trying to get back to it. Reading is very hard, as now I have to scan a sentence to get the meaning. I can see or read a word, but by the time my brain processes it, it will change it to something very inappropriate. Same thing with typing. I'll go to type a word in my mind, but by the time it gets to my fingers, it gets jumbled. So I can't type too good, and the brain can't always tell if I made a mistake. I am at the mercy of spell check, but unfortunately I don't always recognize there is a problem. Oh and now I have a tic in my speech too. I'll stop in mid sentence then continue. Most people don't notice, but I do and it really is upsetting. So I am trying to get back into teh swing of things. But it is hard man... Throw in having a string of strokes too. I was doing pretty good after the first one that led to having double bypass surgery, but I am having them pretty regular now again. Getting old is not for wimps

Old 09-01-2016, 06:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dragginbutt
Hey Dee, no problem... as I get older a couple things are working to make it hard to type anyway. One of the reasons I dropped off the planet a while ago was I was involved in two serious automobile accidents. Both times I was in traffic and stopped, and was nailed from behind by a Ford Truck the first time, and a Saturn the second. Both times my car was totaled, and I was knocked unconscious. The first one was worse. The truck's front end was up against the back of my head, the seat back actually broke off too. (Dodge caliber) My car flew through the air too. My eyes were open, I thought I was awake, but I was unable to move anything. The doctor said I was out. The eyes and ears may have been functional, but the brain was not. It hit so hard I felt the shockwave go right up the spine and every vertebrae cracked like I was at the chiropractor's office. There is a membrane behind the eyes that seals your cranium so the brain fluid doesn't leak out. I ruptured BOTH of them, and was leaking cranial brain fluid for 2 days. The second was a repeat of the first. So needless to say, I had two serious concussions. And was unable to read, or type. I am just now trying to get back to it. Reading is very hard, as now I have to scan a sentence to get the meaning. I can see or read a word, but by the time my brain processes it, it will change it to something very inappropriate. Same thing with typing. I'll go to type a word in my mind, but by the time it gets to my fingers, it gets jumbled. So I can't type too good, and the brain can't always tell if I made a mistake. I am at the mercy of spell check, but unfortunately I don't always recognize there is a problem. Oh and now I have a tic in my speech too. I'll stop in mid sentence then continue. Most people don't notice, but I do and it really is upsetting. So I am trying to get back into teh swing of things. But it is hard man... Throw in having a string of strokes too. I was doing pretty good after the first one that led to having double bypass surgery, but I am having them pretty regular now again. Getting old is not for wimps

Sorry to hear about all your health issues, DB. I hope you collected from those two negligent drivers...

Old 09-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
Sorry to hear about all your health issues, DB. I hope you collected from those two negligent drivers...

Old 09-02-2016, 06:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

17K is cheap. I just went on line and built a Can-Am Maverick X3 the way I'd like it from the factory. Over 30K... Ah... No. Unless I win the Powerball Sat night anyway.
I went to the Can-Am website and built my own just for fun as well. But I picked base model everything and mine stayed right at the $22,999 base price. If an option cost extra, I didn't pick that one. It has standard eps and if you get the base model, its 64" wide instead of 72" wide. You don't get as much suspension travel as the trophy truck version, but you still get the 154 hp turbo triple engine. 20" of suspension travel is still more than anyone else. Heck I'd rather have the smaller version anyway. Here's the specs on the $22,999 base model. Still looks pretty impressive to me http://www.cementcityharley.com/new_...Desc=&=#detail. Its funny that this engine is smaller than most think, its actually only 900cc but packs a huge punch. I guess you have click on the specs box at the top, this link gives the description but its just one extra click.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

Dee, Yeah a little, but the effects are long term and well, my lawyer the first time was lazy, and I had to sue my own insurance company the second one since she had no insurance. Then to top it off, she was killed a month later in another accident. You can't win. Anyway, I am alive. That is enough I guess.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I am alive. That is enough I guess.

Much better than the alternative.....

Old 09-04-2016, 01:34 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

No trail with rules where I live. "if you think it can make it, take it" is our only trail law.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
No trail with rules where I live. "if you think it can make it, take it" is our only trail law.

Most places have regulations, and some even have gates that limit the width.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
Most places have regulations, and some even have gates that limit the width.
Maine and NH have some restrictions here and there but seem to be moving to "up to 60" trails". Utah and National Forest Service trails has some restrictions too.

Quick Reply: Trail widths