OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Homeland Security, or Big Brother?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009 | 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
included both far right (me) and far left groups.
Radical right is the issue. Not you. Skin heads, White Power movement. Not anti-abortion groups IMO. They don't have the time or resources to get involved with people that fall into the general bell curve of American society. I wouldn't worry about any of it, unless you're in the KKK, an active white supremacy militia or the like.

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
we should be watchful to see what the government is up to.
Agreed.

Old 04-16-2009 | 02:25 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Originally Posted by FunRide
Radical right is the issue. Not you. Skin heads, White Power movement. Not anti-abortion groups IMO. They don't have the time or resources to get involved with people that fall into the general bell curve of American society. I wouldn't worry about any of it, unless you're in the KKK, an active white supremacy militia or the like.
Just how long can you stay in the middle of the "bell curve"??? http://www.serendipity.li/cda/niemoll.html

Old 04-16-2009 | 04:20 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep

If any of you are old enough to remember.....They sure stretched their laws when they were searching for so called commy sympathizers in the 50's and 60's. And they did pretty good collecting records of Activists in the 60's and 70's. NO GOOD HAS EVER COME OF IT! So don't get fooled by its for our own safety and well being BullChit.

This is the first time I have ever agreed with Recon.

Old 04-16-2009 | 05:21 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
Good thing I didn't have food in my mouth.

Old 04-17-2009 | 06:30 AM
|
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
If any of you are old enough to remember.....They sure stretched their laws when they were searching for so called commy sympathizers in the 50's and 60's. And they did pretty good collecting records of Activists in the 60's and 70's. NO GOOD HAS EVER COME OF IT! So don't get fooled by its for our own safety and well being BullChit.

WOW! That sure wrapped what my point was down into a nutshell! I don't trust them to be fair and unbiased on who they "profile". And it is still illegal to PROFILE a person on their race or country of origin, such as Iran, Syria, etc. ect., but they can profile you for supporting the 2nd amendment, or being against illegal immigration? That's not right IMO!
IMO the Dept. of Homeland security should be focusing there attention on who is trying to get into the U.S. and leaving it's law abiding citizens alone!

Old 04-17-2009 | 07:25 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Originally Posted by rancher55
IMO the Dept. of Homeland security should be focusing there attention on who is trying to get into the U.S. and leaving it's law abiding citizens alone!
You mean have them actually focus on the problem instead of how to keep a nice cushy government job?

Old 04-17-2009 | 08:28 AM
Red Rider

Evil always operates most efficiently, when it is embedded within a political system. This kind of rhetoric is where all totalitarian dictatorships (left wing or right wing....it doesn't matter which) get their start! They pick out some group they don't like, and get rid of it...then they move on to another one, and so on.....until they have consolidated their power and can operate unoposed.

It will start with gun owners because they are a "danger to others", then move on to those who are not acting an an "environmentally friendly" manner because they endanger the health of other, etc, etc. Eventually, it will get down to minute details like what church you choose to attend....you get the picture???

History always repeats itself. My dad's family comes out of Stalinist Russia! My grandfather was a young man when the Bolshevicks took over. He spent his life opposing them and smuggling people out of the country, and was a wanted man with a price on his head the whole time. If he were still alive....he would tell you that he had heard it all before!!!

Old 04-17-2009 | 11:39 AM
Red Rider
Old 04-17-2009 | 08:35 PM
|
Pro Rider

Recon,
This deserves a thread of it's own, it is another very important topic that the Obama admin. is going to TRY and push through!
I don't know if everyone knows what CAP and TRADE is but they will soon!
Also climate change has been debunked by numerous experts in the scientific community and what we are seeing is a "normal" cycle that the earth goes through in it's relation to the sun. Very little effect is caused by the people on this wonderful planet we call home!
For every 1 million GREEN jobs created there will be many more jobs lost!
Green energy at this point in time isn't capable or efficient enough to replace our current system. The technology isn't there yet!

Old 04-18-2009 | 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I saw an interesting science show on History Channel about Hawaii. The most active volcano on the main island (forgot the name) would be the #1 cause of CO2 emissions if it was listed with man made emissions. Our percentage pales in comparison to this one volcano. Maybe we should tax Hawaii??? Also interesting is the fact that the world temperature has gone down 1/2 degree Fahrenheit over the past ten years. The whole gullible warming hysteria is based on a 1 degree increase in 100 years. It is cyclical....

Quick Reply: Homeland Security, or Big Brother?