OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Cap and Trade (Energy Tax)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of it is more documented than it used to be.

The trend of the past decade or more has been increasing drug advertisement and consequent pushing by the drug companies of the doctors to be sure to identify symptoms for which their drugs can treat. So, what in effect we have is a slew of drugs for which we have to invent diseases. I know its really not that bad, but sometimes it seems like it. You always have to ask yourself if the disease actually increased or if the reporting increased. Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  was invented to treat something to do with the heart. Its side-effect turned out to be a good treatment for ED. Now the incidence of ED is rising when we all know good n well that oldmen of old had the same problems they do today. Its not increasing, just more people are seeking help for it because they see it on tv.

Once, I mentioned the increasing rates of obesity, to which the doctor simply said "they changed the rules defining obesity by 100lbs". What could I say to that?

Old 06-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
JustRandy, I'm a big guy that has always had trouble losing weight. When I worked 40-50 hours a week doing carpentry it wasn't a problem to lose 1-2 pounds with a little effort. But, because of the back the weight is here as I can't do more than a couple hours of strenuous work per week. Rock and hard place scenario as they won't operate unless it gets worse or I lose 100 lbs.

I can only speak of New England when I say the problems of acid rain, and other pollutants is 1/10 th of what it was when I was younger. There is not really any talk of the kind of severe pollution that was talked about 10, 20 years ago. I fish most of New England and have never seen a greater variety of clean water species thriving. I'm not saying there is no pollution. But, at least up here, there is much, much less. The things they worry about now at lakes and ponds are that we be careful not to transport invasive species of plants and animals from waterway to waterway on our boats. Water millfoil, zebra mussels, and purple loosestrife are big concerns. I've seen our local river, the historic Concord River, go from a dingy, smelly, barely support junk fish, river to a relatively clean river that can support huge Northern Pike. (I lost one within inches of my boat last year. UGGGGGHHHH.)
I lived near Lake Erie for 15yrs. I know what you're saying. Not much talk of pollution and much more talk of zebra muscles. Could be because pollution levels are falling. I don't know much about the zebra muscles.

What sort of diets have you tried?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I used a diet called Eat and Stay Slim. I got down to about 230 which gave me a 38" waist with a 54" chest. I'm built like a linebacker underneath this excess. As long as I stay conscious of what I'm eating or keep track I think I'll do okay and maybe lose the 100 lbs. over the next couple years. In the meantime I'm homeschooling my kids as I'm not fond of the social engineering going on in our public schools here in Mass.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Pro Rider

Well guy's, the Energy Tax bill (HR 2454) passed in the house of represenitives on Friday. It needed 50% to pass and that is what it got, 219 Aye votes, 212 nay votes and 3 abstained votes.
Now we really need to pull together to defeat this bill in the Senate.
This bill will end up costing YOU thousands of dollars! It is supposed to create "new" clean energy jobs but it has been studied and for every job it create's two will be lost.
Even President Obama, (who is for the bill) is quoted saying that it will cause energy rates to "necessarily skyrocket" and costs will be "passed on to the consumers"
This bill will affect every American that uses electricity,goes to the grocery store or buys anything made by an American manufacturer!
Please write or call your senators and tell them to vote NO on this bill!

Old 07-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

From the Heritage Foundation and columnist David Limbaugh: "The Heritage Foundation's senior policy analyst for energy and environment, Ben Lieberman, has produced a stellar paper on [the cap and trade bill]... Based on available evidence and analysis, Lieberman concludes 'that both the seriousness and imminence of anthropogenic global warming has been overstated.' But even if we assume the problem is as bad as the hysterics claim, the proposed bill 'would have a trivial impact on future concentrations of greenhouse gases. ...[It] would reduce the earth's future temperature by 0.1 to 0.2 degree C by 2100, an amount too small to even notice.' The bill would bind only the U.S., not other nations, many of which, like China, are 'polluting' at a record pace. Also note that many European nations that have already imposed similar emissions restrictions have seen their emissions rise. But what would the costs be for this quixotic legislative paean to earth goddess Gaia? Contrary to the flawed analyses being advanced by the bill's proponents, Heritage estimates that the direct costs would be an average of $829 per year for a household of four, totaling $20,000 between 2012 and 2035. But when considering the total cost as reflected in the cost of allocations and offsets, the average cost to that family unit would be $2,979 annually from 2012 to 2035. Adding insult and hypocrisy to injury, the bill would hurt the poor the worst because they would bear a disproportionate burden of the higher energy costs the bill would trigger. Now here's the kicker. The bill is also projected to harm the manufacturing sector and cause estimated 'net' job losses, averaging about 1.15 million between 2012 and 2030. The overall gross domestic product losses would average $393 billion per year from 2012 to 2035, and the cumulative loss in gross domestic product would be $9.4 trillion by 2035. The national debt for a family of four would increase by $115,000 by 2035. Enough already.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

I noticed your little quote on the bottom moose as I see you are a christian.Me being 1 myself feel w dont have 20 years left of freedom ,maybe not even a country.1st I think this country is being under the judgement of god for our sins an greed.God said in 1 of the verses that the days would have to be shortened because of the calamity,your post kinda puts things in perspective.I dont think the people an elites running Our country there God isnt Our God.There all freemasons every president an if You read up on freemasonry they worship pan/Lucifer Baal etc which is all 1 of the same =The DEVIL. At 115 thousand per family the government will own us I think that is there ultimate goal.Maybe this is where democracy stops an the Antichrist/NWO dictatorship begins?I know this sounds crazy an Im gonna get flack for bringing religion into the thread but this is my feelings on things.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer

I do not think cap and trade will do anything but
allow the governments coffers to grow.
who is setting the cap?
Americans will be footing the bill for another failed program.
pollution is a very real problem worldwide.
I certainly do not have all the answers but I can tell you for sure none of the aholes
in dc do either.
I really believe this is about more government control than reducing pollution

Old 07-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by pdl9
I do not think cap and trade will do anything but
allow the governments coffers to grow.
who is setting the cap?
Americans will be footing the bill for another failed program.
pollution is a very real problem worldwide.
I certainly do not have all the answers but I can tell you for sure none of the aholes
in dc do either.
I really believe this is about more government control than reducing pollution
Yep... It's all about government control over our lives. I found it interesting to hear they are floating a program by which the government will come into a home and make sure it is energy efficient before the homeowner can sell it. I have some problems with that. 4th Amendment to the US Constitution reads: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

On another note: If I could find all the numbers I'd do the math. I wonder how deeply in debt we can go before even the "rich" and "evil corporations" won't be able to bale us out. I honestly see it getting so bad that we will barely be able to pay the interest on all the loans that have been made to us as a country. It's time for pay as you go government. If they don't have the money, they don't spend it. Just a dream I have....

Old 07-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.
Default war on prosperity

I liked a line I heard recently that describes our situation today. It went something to the effect that back in the sixties, we had President Johnson's "War on Poverty." (As President Reagan later noted, "Poverty won.") Today, we have President Obama's "War on Prosperity."

We can only hope that prosperity somehow wins this war.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Deeplaker60
I liked a line I heard recently that describes our situation today. It went something to the effect that back in the sixties, we had President Johnson's "War on Poverty." (As President Reagan later noted, "Poverty won.") Today, we have President Obama's "War on Prosperity."

We can only hope that prosperity somehow wins this war.
I miss Ronald Reagen. He truly had a gift for speaking. He also cared about the damage a bloated government can cause to the private sector. Let's hope that there will be a rebellion at the polls in a year and a half that will overturn the total control of the House and Senate.