OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Joe Wilson

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I am still waiting for Obama to apologize to the Cambridge Police Department for saying they, "acted stupidly".
Please, he's not done apologizing to the rest of the world yet.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Please, he's not done apologizing to the rest of the world yet.
Cops, DEA, FBI, CIA come to your house.....demand ID, you then show them your MA drivers license and prove this is indeed your home....verified over the radio and neighbors. They then coax you off your steps and arrest you for "mouthing off". Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to talk back to a cop. Sounds like a lot of fun. Some day you will be accused of something falsely and nobody will listen or care less. One could connect Randy Weaver and Ruby Ridge to this in a way. The authorities take control of somebody's private property and attempt to arrest the individual without due cause.

For a guy that talks about God all the time, your comments are puzzling. But what do I know.....went to a service for the first time in two years last weekend. Moose, Can you tell us what Jesus said about walking in other's shoes?

Old 09-15-2009, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

He didn't produce his license. He just told them he lived there at first and started the race baiting rant. He then produced a Harvard ID. They went outside. Then he started yelling which drew a crowd. The officer asked him to control himself and the guy kept it up. The quote I think you are getting at is: "If a man forces you to walk one mile, go two with him." This is in the same section as, "turning the other cheek". They all speak of not returning evil for evil when persecuted. It's all showing the evil person that you are different than he. The, "another man's shoes", is a paraphrase of "walk in another man's mocassins". But, I've mulled this situation over many, many times. The gentleman in question had the whole, "Do you know who I am?", mentality. It could have been diffused with a simple production of his license. I have many black friends, and they agree about the race baiting going on. I've tried to put myself in the guys shoes and I keep coming up with, "Yes, officer, my name is ....., here's my license. I'm glad you guys checked this out. Better safe than sorry. I'd rather have you check out something suspicious than let someone rob my home." I know there are racist still out there. But, we have a nation that just voted in our first black President. I'm proud of that on its face but, I cast my vote against him because he is opposed to my political and moral views. If it had been J C Watts, Alan Keyes, or some other conservative I would have been honored to cast my vote for him.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

And I don't believe the DEA, FBI or CIA was at the house.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Originally Posted by FunRide

For a guy that talks about God all the time, your comments are puzzling. But what do I know.....went to a service for the first time in two years last weekend. Moose, Can you tell us what Jesus said about walking in other's shoes?

Do they cover that in scientology?

Old 09-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Trailblazer
Full Time DAD!

No Scooter, it's covered in the Dumb Redneck Manual!

Old 09-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Do they cover that in scientology?
I have no idea what church he went to.

I just know that Jesus showed and is a mix of righteousness and mercy, holiness and forgiveness, justice and patience, etc. He did not let the crowd kill the prostitute but did tell her to stop sinning unless she wanted something worse to happen. He turned the money tables over in the temple and let the people bring their little children to him to be blessed. To think of Jesus or God as simply a jolly fellow who lets everyone into heaven regardless of the sin they are still in is to miss His fullness. I've personally been kicked, spat at, etc. for my beliefs but that doesn't mean I have to let someone break into my home and rape my wife and kill my children.

A personal for instance in how to speak to a law officer is when I was bummed out over my wife losing her job and not being able to get a new pickup (it had just arrived at the dealer and I was going to finalize the deal and pick up on Monday). I wasn't paying attention and saw a yellow light at the last moment so I didn't have time to stop. I gave it extra gas to get through it in time and that's when the blue lights came on. I pulled over and rolled my window down and shouted, "What's the matter with you, you fascist pig. Don't you know who I am?" Just kidding. After he came to the window and told me I cut the light short, I explained how life was treating me and apologized profusely and promised him I'd be more careful. He checked things out on his computer, came back, and said to be more careful. A little respect goes both ways. Acting like the police didn't have the right to check out a possible burglary and saying it's because you are black doesn't work very well.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

I do have to wonder if his house were actually broken into now, how long the response time would be.

Of course, it would be because he's a certain color and not because of his behavior the first time out.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FunRide
He's single-handedly reduced the decorum another notch... The guy needs to keep his mouth out of the halls of Congress during a joint session and call him a liar after the speech.

Bull chit. Dems did far worse to Bush.

YouTube - Democrats Boo Bush During 2005 SOTU

Democrats Boo Bush | Puckett's Projects NEWS

Dems Boo and Heckle Bush in 2005 - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

There are many more examples if you look for'm...

Old 09-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
Bull chit. Dems did far worse to Bush.
Crackpots run the show. I watched the whole Youtube video you posted. You actually equate the two? Whatever you say.

Quick Reply: Joe Wilson