OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Joe Wilson

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tass
Seems strange you are entitled to your opinions and thoughts but I am not?
Tass, I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion. I'm just replying to your post. You don't like my reply, and I don't agree with you, but that doesn't mean I think you're not entitled to your opinion. Have at it....

Old 09-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Range Rover
Default Post

You are correct, I have a question though, did you let Mr. Wilson know your opinion? Or contact Obama's folks letting them know your thoughts? My comment to Mr. Obama was that an examination of information available to me indicated his statement was incorrect. I also ask if his use of the term "illegal immigrant" would have been more correct if "illegal alien" had been used. Of course I do not expect an answer from either Wilson or Obama but it was fun to ask, in the Redneck world we need these things spelled out.
The parties never loose funride, only you and I loose. There is no decorum in Congress and politics......men and women acting as such when in office is long past..........Tass

Old 09-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by FunRide
OK Red....So you think a few boos is on par with some jack-*** congressman pointing his finger and calling a president a liar. I'd be as disturbed regardless of party. However, you're proud of the reduced civility factor. It's good for the fringe of your lost party and it makes you feel better. Good for you.
A FEW boos??? Try your whole party Funride!
And yes it is on par! So you think it's OK for dozens to boo and interupt but when a single person does it, it's reduced civility? RFLMFAO. Boy, you are self-righteous aren't you?
You probably had a bumper sticker that said "People died, when Bush Lied" So, you probably proudly called Bush a liar.
And what about Clinton? He was convicted of perjury! LYING ON THE STAND!!!!!!!
So who's doing all the lying funride??
And for your information, at the time Joe Wilson made the statement, there was NO SPECIFIC language in the bill preventing ILLIGAL ALIENS from obtaining insurance!!!

Old 09-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
And yes it is on par!...RFLMFAO. Boy, you are self-righteous aren't you?
Self-righteous?....I guess it's just me and the rest of the country that thinks it's wrong. I would never think the outliar right wing would think otherwise. -We'll see how it flies next Rep. go around.

You probably had a bumper sticker that said
Nah, don't do bumper stickers.

And what about Clinton?
What on earth does Clinton have to do with this? Who said you or the Republicans were lying about anything? Strange response.....

And for your information, at the time Joe Wilson made the statement, there was NO SPECIFIC language in the bill preventing ILLIGAL ALIENS from obtaining insurance!!!
Prove it. Find the document and quote it here. Do the research yourself and post it.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Tass
I have a question though, did you let Mr. Wilson know your opinion? Or contact Obama's folks letting them know your thoughts?

I also ask if his use of the term "illegal immigrant" would have been more correct if "illegal alien" had been used.

The parties never loose funride, only you and I loose. There is no decorum in Congress and politics......men and women acting as such when in office is long past..........Tass
I did not contact either.

Not sure on the illegal immigrant / illegal alien deal. Seems like there might be some confusion there. I don't care, as long as they pay into the system. The more people in the pool, the better for those in the pool. Thankfully, I'm not going to be in the pool, but the more the better, as long as they pay full $$. The problem is when illegals of any kind get free services.

I don't think we always lose. We have our country, security, roads, schools, universities, hospitals, legal system, basic old age security net (Medicare/Social Security). We have the best deal going. Is it perfect, no. Do we in the middle class generally get the short end of the stick, yes. It can't be too bad since so many try and millions more want to move here from other countries. We got it good....try to see some of the positive. It's not that bad and Obama and the Dem in Congress are only temporary. Likely lose a bunch of seats next year anyway.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Originally Posted by FunRide

Prove it. Find the document and quote it here. Do the research yourself and post it.
Why don't you find it, and prove it?
Post your research here!
You're always discrediting anyones links to studies & documents, but with your opinions only. I have yet to see you provide a document to prove your point. Go for it!

Old 09-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

If you want to get into what is really low class you ought to listen to Obama constantly bashing Bush. There used to be an unwritten law that once campaign season was over and you've won, you don't continue to bash the previous administration. Yet, Obama still does it. I've heard him keep going on and on about the previous administration and how bad it was. I don't recall Bush bashing Clinton all the time. And, I liked listening to Bush more than Obama. He was a lousy orator but easier to listen to than Teleprompter Obama reading his lines. At some point Obama's going to have to stop blaming those Wascally Repubwicans (as Barney Frank might say) and take responsibility for his policies. Whether the results are good or bad. At LEAST stop blaming.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

Now it seems that the Democrats want a "public apology" from Rep. Wilson. Just a ploy to expound on the whole situation for political gain IMO. Rep. Wilson is refusing to do so as he has already apologized to Pres. Obama personally.
They want to punish him for the SLIGHT indiscretion he committed for their own gain. What a bunch of two bit pieces of _ _ _ _! Fill in the blanks however you wish!
This whole administration just pisses me off!

Old 09-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Hey Funride, how's this??

Immigration Distrust on Health Bill
by Ernest Istook
Nothing illustrates America's distrust of Congress quite like the illegal immigrant provision of the House health care bill, HR 3200.
President Obama made it the first item in his last radio address:
"I want to spend a few minutes debunking some of the more outrageous myths circulating on the Internet, on cable TV, and repeated at some town halls across this country.
"Let's start with the false claim that illegal immigrants will get health insurance under reform. That's not true. Illegal immigrants would not be covered."
Obama chose his words with great care. Section 246 of the bill -- dealing solely with insurance subsidies -- states: "Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States."
Defenders of the bill frequently quote and display copies of this section at their town hall meetings.
Notice how narrow this is? It says they should not receive the bill's new insurance subsidies. It doesn't say they can't receive taxpayer-paid health care. It doesn't say they can't receive other benefits from HR 3200, such as the expanded Medicaid.
Obama obviously wants to leave the impression that government won't pay health care for illegals. It's a false impression. Here are the two big fallacies with Obama's carefully-chosen and scripted words:
  • There are other avenues for illegal aliens to receive health care at public expense.
  • All efforts to add enforcement language to HR3200 were defeated by mostly party-line votes. We can expect that the bureaucracy would look the other way under Obama's control (just as it has with prior presidents).
Current law says illegal aliens qualify only for emergency medical care through Medicaid. Most of these are childbirths. These costs exceed $3 billion a year. But because few states require proof of legal presence for regular Medicaid, nobody knows the true number of illegals who receive it, or at what cost.
The House bill not only makes a major expansion of Medicaid eligibility but also restricts (in Section 1702) inquiries about immigration status. Efforts to fix this and to add enforcement provisions to HR 3200 were offered in the Ways & Means Committee by Rep. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) and in the Energy & Commerce Committee by Rep. Nathan Deal (R-Ga.), but voted down. No Democrats supported Heller. Blue Dog Representatives Mike Ross (D-Ark.), Jim Matheson (D-Utah), Charles Melancon (D-La.), John Barrow (D-Ga.), and Baron Hill (D-Ind.) voted for the Deal proposal.
So we still have the problem as described by Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) in his op-ed for The Hill:
H.R. 3200 contains gaping loopholes that will allow illegal immigrants to receive taxpayer-funded benefits. And these loopholes are no accident. The legislation contains no verification mechanism to ensure that illegal immigrants do not apply for benefits. Republicans offered an amendment to close this loophole -- it would have required verification using the existing methods that are already in place to verify eligibility for other federal benefits programs. But, when they were asked to put the language of the bill where their words were, in a party-line vote, House Democrats rejected the amendment to require verification and close this loophole.
Our media, unfortunately, don't seem to understand. They persist in an Obama-friendly minimal analysis, saying simplistically that the bill excludes coverage for illegal aliens. For example:
  • A recent Associated Press story devoted to "myth vs. fact" states simply, "THE FACTS: The proposals being negotiated do not provide coverage for illegal immigrants."
  • The website Factcheck.org claims it is "false" that "illegal immigrants will be covered."
  • Consumer Reports calls it "the myth that will not die."
Those media evidently believe government can magically exclude illegals even in the absence of a screening system.
But history shows our social welfare bureaucracy is quite adept at finding loopholes to help illegal aliens. One example is food stamps.
Federal regulations [7 CFR 273.4 (b)] explicitly require that immigration authorities must be notified if they learn that an illegal alien is within a household applying for Food Stamps.
However, a "Catch 22" was created by the Clinton administration. In an "Interagency Notice (65 Fed. Reg. 58301, Sept. 28, 2000), bureaucrats were told that unless a person has already had a hearing and been formally determined to be an illegal immigrant, no government agency really "knows" that they are illegal -- so they need not be turned in.
It's just another example of how laws are bypassed when it comes to illegal immigration.
Only if you believe that our immigration laws are well-enforced can you believe that HR 3200 will not expand public benefits for illegal aliens. And if you believe that, I've got a certain bridge you might want to buy.
Ernest Istook is recovering from serving 14 years in Congress and is now a distinguished fellow at The Heritage Foundation.

First Appeared in Human Events

Old 09-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I am still waiting for Obama to apologize to the Cambridge Police Department for saying they, "acted stupidly".

Quick Reply: Joe Wilson