OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Joe Wilson

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:00 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joe Wilson

I found his web site. I sent him an e-mail. I identified myself as an Oregonian, a veteran, a redneck, and a US Citizen.
I indicated that if any standing ovation was in order it would have been one for him. I ask him to let me know if he ever planned a trip to Oregon.
I watched the Obama presentation.........full of bluster and oratory and smoke.......what a speaker.
I wonder who the man was trying to impress? It certainly was not me or my sort. What is the product? How much does it cost? Who is it for? Smoke and mirrors folks, I am not sophisticated enough to pull those answers from his presentation.
I can do the math though.........Joe Wilson was right.....
This is the United States.......the presidency is an office. Obama is a man.
If the only way he can make himself look good is to make someone else look bad........he has nothing to offer.........If Joe needs to say he is sorry..............many, many others fall into the same boat......Mr. Obama should do two things.......fight his own battles......and apologize to those he has called liar.
Joe's timing was probably not the best.......but there is no fault in the message.
Tass

Old 09-12-2009, 07:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Tass
I found his web site. I sent him an e-mail. I identified myself as an Oregonian, a veteran, a redneck, and a US Citizen. Tass
He's single-handedly reduced the decorum another notch and proved with his mouth that he's got zero class. S. Carolina....got to love that gang of beauties. The guy needs to keep his mouth out of the halls of Congress during a joint session and call him a liar after the speech. So now you've opened the gates for mouth during all joint sessions going forward. The next lying Republican president will be called out in joint session and you will be crying about "respect for the Commander in Chief" when it happens. Maybe the Dems should start throwing shoes at him. Congratulations redneck.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Range Rover
Default redneck

Seems strange you are entitled to your opinions and thoughts but I am not?
The use of the term "liar" is not simply a word made up or used by the R party.........You love big government and the philosophy of something for nothing........I do not......Review some of the political rhetoric of the last 6 months and see how often the word is used.....Tass

Old 09-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

Just for everyone's information, Rep. Joe Wilson was NOT the first one to do something like this! Harry Reid did basically the same thing to George Bush!
The democrats seem to have a short memory when the table is turned!
I have written my senators and congressman and told them to vote NO to the bills as they stand now and that I applaud Rep. Joe Wilson on his courage and commitment to his ideals. IMO even though it may not have been the right place to make that remark, it was very refreshing to see someone who is not afraid of this political correctness gone wild time that we are enduring.
I hope more Republicans get a clue from Mr. Wilson and start speaking our minds with their voice's like we elected them to do!

Old 09-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by FunRide
He's single-handedly reduced the decorum another notch and proved with his mouth that he's got zero class. S. Carolina....got to love that gang of beauties. The guy needs to keep his mouth out of the halls of Congress during a joint session and call him a liar after the speech. So now you've opened the gates for mouth during all joint sessions going forward. The next lying Republican president will be called out in joint session and you will be crying about "respect for the Commander in Chief" when it happens. Maybe the Dems should start throwing shoes at him. Congratulations redneck.
Do you not recall President Bush getting roundly booed by your Democrat Reps during his address to congress??????
You must have a memory of convenience!!!
Hypocrit!

Old 09-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

Oh, and now it seems the White House (Obama) has changed it's tune. Now they are adding language to prevent illegal aliens from getting insurance. So Rep. Joe Wilson was correct at the time he made the statement!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It never ceases to amaze me at how much the liberals who disliked Bush had to say about him and his policies but how irate they get if someone dares to speak up to Obama. What Wilson did was, perhaps, show bad timing. If for anything else, it was all worth it to see the look on Pelosi's face. I wonder how often she felt that kind of anger when someone said something derogatory about Bush. Oh wait, she was chortling away...

Old 09-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rancher55
Harry Reid did basically the same thing to George Bush!
The key word here is basically. Reid never interrupted Bush and called Bush a liar at the top of his lungs during a joint session of Congress. This is a new low and the flood gates are now open for the next Rep President.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
What Wilson did was, perhaps, show bad timing.
You think! I agree with you about Obama; say whatever you want, as long as it's true. Wilson is a classless fool.....Forget the fact that illegals are specifically written out of the package and he clearly doesn't know how to read.

No mention about the fact that Obama immediately accepted his lame apology without taking it any further. Can you just imagine the endless discussion on Fox News if this happened to a Republican Commander in Chief.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Hypocrit!
OK Red....So you think a few boos is on par with some jack-*** congressman pointing his finger and calling a president a liar. I'd be as disturbed regardless of party. However, you're proud of the reduced civility factor. It's good for the fringe of your lost party and it makes you feel better. Good for you.

Quick Reply: Joe Wilson