OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Obama and Afghanistan

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

My son spent a year in Iraq and came back in one piece, thank the Lord, and now he has been a recruiter for just a year.
He was to have a 3 year gig as a recruiter, he was just informed last month that he will be going back to the regular army in April of 2010.
His wife is an army nurse based at Fort Lewis here in Washington State so he more than likely will get based there too. The Striker unit that has lost so many men is based there and he figures he will be a replacement for that unit.
He hates recruiting and looks forward to going back to the regular army, his Mom and I dread the chance of him going to Afghanistan.
My niece's husband was also based at Fort Lewis and he was the 1st Lt. for the 4th Striker Brigade that has lost so many men. His assignment got changed in June, 1 month before the unit deployed. He stayed stateside and his unit has lost 17 men.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Red400EXRod........Despite how all this may turn out in the end, or who's right or wrong. Tell your son we all said "Thank-you and stay safe."

Old 12-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Hey Red400EXRod, thank you and your family for all the sacrifices they make on a daily basis. It's families like your's that are the heroes in my mind. Not the politicians or media who whine on a daily basis. I was on a flight leaving Logan Airport on the morning 9/11. All but two of the terrorists that were meeting there had arrived by the time we lifted off. When we landed in Orlando, Fl and heard what happened we were shocked and made phone calls to all our family members back here in Massachusetts. What you and yours are doing can't be put into words as far as saying thank you goes. All the service men and women are in our prayers.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Originally Posted by voodoo574
Hey Red400EXRod........Despite how all this may turn out in the end, or who's right or wrong. Tell your son we all said "Thank-you and stay safe."
Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Hey Red400EXRod, thank you and your family for all the sacrifices they make on a daily basis. It's families like your's that are the heroes in my mind. Not the politicians or media who whine on a daily basis. I was on a flight leaving Logan Airport on the morning 9/11. All but two of the terrorists that were meeting there had arrived by the time we lifted off. When we landed in Orlando, Fl and heard what happened we were shocked and made phone calls to all our family members back here in Massachusetts. What you and yours are doing can't be put into words as far as saying thank you goes. All the service men and women are in our prayers.
I will pass the "thank yous" along to my son.
My daughter-in-law is also in the army, she out ranks my son, LOL.
He's a Sgt, she's a 2nd Lt.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

My son is definately my hero!!!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rancher55
The thing about this situation is that we can NEVER let al qaeida or the taliban get control of this area again, because of the possibility of them getting a hold of a nuclear device (which Pakistan has)...........
Yep.

Originally Posted by rancher55
Obama's strategy for the war is nothing short of a total failure before it even starts.
Total failure before it starts....? No blank check. It's politics man....troops are going nowhere in 2011. They'll pull six out and the withdrawal will have begun.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Well regardless if I support Obama, if I support sending more troops, or all the politics behind the decisions. All we can do is support the troops that are there and are heading there. Then and just as important we must support them when they get home. I have a co-worker who's son had three tours in Iraq. He is now in a military mental hospital getting his head back together. It annoys me to no end that people that just don't understand that an american soldier living like that over there, seeing the things they see, and doing the things that they have to due to survive gets to you. And it is hard to just turn that off. He is a good kid and a hero for this country. He will not take a med retirement... he just wants to go back and be with his Marine brothers and sisters. They are schedule to deport again in Feb... These men and women ARE keeping us safe everyday... we can't see the threat becouse they are over there protecting our fredom here.