OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Health care or Bankruptcy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Health care or Bankruptcy?

I'm just wondering if anyone saw the interview by Charlie Gibson the other night with Pres. Obama. On the Health Care issue Obama said that "If the Health Care bill does not pass it will put America into bankruptcy".
Are not "We The People" as a whole "Too Big to Fail"? How about a real stimulus package that lowers taxes and in doing so actually creates JOBS?
It seems to me that if all of the Americans that want to work were working, and earning a fair wage, they could buy their own insurance through their employer's.
IMO, Obama is just trying to scare the general population into supporting the health care bill which is already bloated beyond any reasonable size.
Obama had to be led by the nose through the interview by Charlie Gibson! It was a total farce, almost laughable! But NOT.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

In my opinion, what we are seeing has no relation to caring about the people of this country as much as to take control over a large sector of the economy. If it is so important that this "health"care bill goes through why does it delay implementation for years? And why would it still let 25 million people go without insurance? Even if it was that they care about the people I don't believe forcing people to carry insurance (as they do here in Massachusetts) is at all Constitutional. But, as others have done before them, they wouldn't let a small matter like the Constitution stand in the way.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

It's not only about taking control of a large sector of the economy, it's about taking over more control of the American people.
That's what this administration and the democrats want, more control of you and me!

Old 12-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

Regardless of what the it's "about", I know my health insurance went up AGAIN my deductible tripled and the big hospitals in the nearest large city are out of network unless I pay even more for that network. Health Insurance is a scam and something has to be done. Hell, anything is better than this.

As far as forcing people to carry it I see where that could irritate some. My view is that I know a lot of people who don't carry insurance. They are low income and when something happens and they go the the hospital it's their family that gets hurt not them. The family is stuck with the bill. Sure they should get better jobs, better education blah, blah, blah but, they didn't and their wifes/children/parents shouldn't have to suffer.

So force them, I don't know why anybody wouldn't want health insurance.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.

I saw some figures, from the Census Bureau I think, that said 40 percent of the people who don't have health insurance are in households where the annual income is over $50,000 annually. They are choosing to spend their money on other things. That still leaves a lot of people not covered, but the size of the problem has been exaggerated.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
It's not only about taking control of a large sector of the economy, it's about taking over more control of the American people.
That's what this administration and the democrats want, more control of you and me!
Yeah....the republican NEVER want more control.....sure.....keep thinking that way so when every time a republican is elected we lose more freedoms because no one was paying attention....

The Patriot Act was the single most anti-Constitutional piece of legislation this country has ever see. It did more to erase freedom and take over this country than any 10 pieces of legislation any democrat has ever passed.....And guess what it was passed by republicans.

Learn some history......

This is why American politics is in the toilet. Pure unadulterated ignorance running wild. People that trust one side more than the other are the ones being conned in this game.

The democrats try and scare us with global warming and ozone layers, and heathcare...

The republicans try to scare us with terrorists, and gas shortages and special interests....

Neither side is any different than the other....assuming so will be our demise.....

Old 12-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ss97
Yeah....the republican NEVER want more control.....sure.....keep thinking that way so when every time a republican is elected we lose more freedoms because no one was paying attention....

The Patriot Act was the single most anti-Constitutional piece of legislation this country has ever see. It did more to erase freedom and take over this country than any 10 pieces of legislation any democrat has ever passed.....And guess what it was passed by republicans.

Learn some history......

This is why American politics is in the toilet. Pure unadulterated ignorance running wild. People that trust one side more than the other are the ones being conned in this game.

The democrats try and scare us with global warming and ozone layers, and heathcare...

The republicans try to scare us with terrorists, and gas shortages and special interests....

Neither side is any different than the other....assuming so will be our demise.....

A wise man has spoken!!! (No Sarcasim in that)

BTW: The I agree with the what you say about the patriot act. What they did with that is absolutely ridiculous. It angers me greatly.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Trailblazer

Regardless of weather or not the bankrupt comment is true the scariest possibility is doing nothing. The healthcare system is broken. I have felt it first hand. It needs to be fixed. Unlike some folks on here I am not going to PRETEND to know everything about healthcare but I do know that it needs to change. If left alone most of us reading this will either be dropped or not be able to afford good coverage within a few years. You may still have coverage so your statistics on paper will look good but it will suck and cost you more and more. My coverage has gotten worse every 2 years for the past 10 yet my premiums keep going up. We need a new system. Rancher, just by looking at your little bend over picture makes me discount many of your ideas. You seem to be the type who has made up their mind and everything Obama does will be wrong... Let me guess... You think Palin is even remotely capable of running for president\::lm ao:

Old 12-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by kfp673
palin is even remotely capable of running for president..
SPEAK NOT THE NAM OF THE EVIL ONe!!!!!

HA, the forum software does not allow a post of only CAPS. Bravo!!

Old 12-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

With all the bad press that Palin gets, she did run the state of Alaska and it is not in the red (largely because of oil) like the state of California, Massachusetts, and others that run on the tax and spend dogma. She ran a state, Obama ran a community organization??? Hmmmm.... The reason the healthcare bill (which is being discussed behind closed doors where we aren't allowed to see what is being talked about) is dangerous is that it effects 1/6th of the GDP and has the potential to effect all of our lives. I deal with a HMO and it is not great but, is better than not having any insurance. But, we should have a choice as to whether we want to carry insurance or not. Early on, I was between jobs when my appendix decided to go nuclear on me and burst. I had no insurance and paid the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and hospital over the course of the next 3 years on a payment plan. But, my rub is that here in Massachusetts they threaten you if you don't have insurance. If you don't have private insurance, the state run insurance is what you are told to take, or else. PS The state run insurance program was put into play by Mitt Romney (RINO) and a liberal Mass. Senate, and House or Reps. Within 6 months it was something like $500 million in the hole. If you chose not to have insurance they would garnish your wages or take it out of your tax return, even if you never used it or needed it. Sorry, but to me that sounds a little Hitlerish. "You vill take the government insurance, and you vill like it." And, this is what they want to model the federal program under. Once again, no thanks...

Quick Reply: Health care or Bankruptcy?