OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Supreme Court sides with gun advocates, in 5-4 ruling; extends gun rights nationwide

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 06-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GREAT news for once for us gun owners!

Old 06-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

Hard to believe (well maybe not) that four justices voted against it.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I agree with Red. It's hard to believe that 4 voted against it. When you read what the Founding Fathers said about the 2nd Amendment it's clear they intended that gun ownership was to be a hedge against totalitarian government first, and a defense of one's home, family, and property. A great read is the Federalist Papers. It's only been in the past 50-60 years that it has been viewed differently.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I'm glad they voted now and not later.

"As a law clerk, Elena Kagan recommended that the Supreme Court not even hear a claim that the District of Columbia’s complete ban on handguns violates the Second Amendment — a claim that recently succeeded at the Court. The sole reasoning that she provided for denying the claim: “I’m not sympathetic.” Kagan was also intimately involved in gun-control policies in the Clinton White House, working to reclassify certain hunting rifles as assault weapons and to ban their importation. In Kagan’s notes obtained from the Clinton Library, she even lumped the National Rifle Association together with the KKK as 'bad guy org[anization]s.'"

Quoted from The Foundry.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

hooray! i believe that ought to make the white house mad, eh? i'm thankful for the ruling. they can pry my guns out of my cold dead fingers, if i may use that quote. not sure who to give credit for that quote, but i don't mind borrowing it.
gun control is hitting what you're aiming at and using both hands.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Otis McDonald

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
GREAT news for once for us gun owners!
You all can thank this man.....Otis McDonald

Attached Thumbnails Supreme Court sides with gun advocates, in 5-4 ruling; extends gun rights nationwide-gunban640.jpg  
Old 07-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by FunRide
You all can thank this man.....Otis McDonald
Is Otis the guy who brought the original suit? If he is; Thank you, Otis. Chicago already is talking about finding a way around this decision. I think crime would go down very fast if they took the law abiding citizens of say, Chicago, Washington DC, Detroit, New York city, gave them guns and training and let them carry them. Every place firearms are difficult to get for law abiding citizens has the most crime. Every place firearms are easy to get for law abiding citizens crime goes down. This happens time and time again.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Is Otis the guy who brought the original suit? If he is; Thank you, Otis. Chicago already is talking about finding a way around this decision. I think crime would go down very fast if they took the law abiding citizens of say, Chicago, Washington DC, Detroit, New York city, gave them guns and training and let them carry them. Every place firearms are difficult to get for law abiding citizens has the most crime. Every place firearms are easy to get for law abiding citizens crime goes down. This happens time and time again.
Yeah Moose....Otis is the man who brought the suit and followed through to the S.C. Maybe I missed it, but there's no credit given on the NRA website. Couldn't find a mention of Otis Greene, but didn't do a full search. Just checked the major headlines on NRA News. They should give the man some front-page credit.

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I think crime would go down very fast if they took the law abiding citizens of say, Chicago, Washington DC, Detroit, New York city, gave them guns and training and let them carry them.
Lots of dead people too.

NYC is actually a really safe place if you're white....same with Detroit and Chicago. You just don't want to be poor, black and on the wrong side of the tracks. You're odds of survival are less than a soldier in Iraq (making that up). Some nights I've heard of 23 killings and multiple woundings. All of this stays in the "hoods". They pretty much just shoot each other over various turf wars. Ugly stuff. I think it's the heroin addicts that are the real problem....they'll do anything for money; break into homes, car jackings, robbery, bank heists, etc. I believe the average dead kid in the city morgue is black and most likely killed by another black kid. Most people never hear of it, or see it.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

We see very few of these kinds of incidents 25 miles outside of Boston. A little more as you go into Lowell and Lawrence. A lot more as you go into Boston.