OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

YOUR internet privacy

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOUR internet privacy

OK, I have been reading/ hearing many things about google. A lot of privacy policys have been changing, and it's really creeping me out. Am i on a "list" for what i search? Why does google want to know about me?
All this has me worried, i fear to much control in one place. And thats also why i hate to eat at Mcdonalds so much, I mean, one day everything is going to be a "MC-" I dont want a McLaptop. These Monopolies are becoming all powerful, and i don't like it. Search for yourself and see if some of this doesnt make you a little edgy. Whats next, tracking devices in your cereal?!
Maybe i'm thinking about this to much...

Old 03-09-2012, 04:15 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

You sound like my son! Yea you have to be careful,have plenty of computer protection,stay away from no no sites,don't freely give out personal info,be careful what you search for (that's why I never "liked" Facebook or My Space for this reason)If you get a little edgy or freaked out do what I do: sit down have a bowl of warm oatmeal and take a Xanax then you wont care if an eyeball is poking out of your cereal looking at you PS just type your address on Google and it will show a satellite picture of your house,some local real estate agent will show it along with how many square feet,bathrooms, the current value, whether it's on the market or not,etc! Believe it or not SOMEONE knows more about you than you do yourself! Just the other day Target announced that they looked at customers receipts enough to be able to determine how old the customers were,what income area they were at and if a woman,could tell if she was pregnant just by careful studying of receipts!!! That's already spooky enough for me! I think it's been "1984" for some time now,subliminal messages and brain washing next,but I'm too old and and worn out for anyone to give a rat's azz about me! OPT

Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Not too worried about it. I got lots of access to look at peoples stuff, and some of it is available to everyone. If someone wants to know something about you, they already do.

I'm not worried about any guys in blacks suits showing up at my door.

Now, guys in white suits with nets are a real possibility.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:27 AM
Pro Rider

Father? (fyi my name is luke)

Old 03-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It's kind of like walking out your front door in the morning. Once you're out in the public eye you don't really have the "right to privacy" so much. People can see you, take pictures of you, follow you, etc. The internet is kind of like that in some instances. Web sites collect "cookies" when you access them. They know what you've been looking at. Email, at least, is still pretty private. When it all comes down to it, if you go out on the Web you are going out in public. One privacy setting is to not accept cookies and use your browsers' tools to clean up your browsing history. It's a little step but helps keep things private. I just try to not say or do things that would bring trouble on myself.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I just try to not say or do things that would bring trouble on myself.
Exactly. That's why my wife can't go to any sites like this one.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:45 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Goggle better not tell everybody about my favourite **** sites! The pics load up slow enough as it is.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by TLC
Goggle better not tell everybody about my favourite **** sites! The pics load up slow enough as it is.
Love how we spell English words differently! Favourite when we say favorite,colour versus color, lift when we say elevator,chips when we say fries,lorry when we say truck,flat when we say apartment OR associate it first with a flat tire, but I think the best one was in an old Haynes manual I read years ago that said to inspect the fuel tank with a "torch"! I said WHAT?? Then found it was the British word for our flash light. I think George C. Scott in the movie "Patton" worded it best when addressing a group of English ladies said: We are a people separated by a common language! Just what do you call our name for torch, "flame"?? Plus what is an escalator called?? Stepped lift?? Plus any others that I've forgotten? Guess I've got too much time on my hands! Still think some old dumb Southern boy might be dangerous using a Haynes manual! OPT

Old 03-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Love how we spell English words differently! Favourite when we say favorite,colour versus color, lift when we say elevator,chips when we say fries,lorry when we say truck,flat when we say apartment OR associate it first with a flat tire, but I think the best one was in an old Haynes manual I read years ago that said to inspect the fuel tank with a "torch"! I said WHAT?? Then found it was the British word for our flash light. I think George C. Scott in the movie "Patton" worded it best when addressing a group of English ladies said: We are a people separated by a common language! Just what do you call our name for torch, "flame"?? Plus what is an escalator called?? Stepped lift?? Plus any others that I've forgotten? Guess I've got too much time on my hands! Still think some old dumb Southern boy might be dangerous using a Haynes manual! OPT
hood/bonnet

Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Dave's
hood/bonnet
Hood,yep understand that one,but bonnet? It's a hat that old ladies wear down here while picking cotton OPT

Quick Reply: YOUR internet privacy