OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

YOUR internet privacy

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
You must have had or known about the old English bikes with the Lucas "Prince of Darkness" electrical systems that would leave you stranded! OPT
I must have had the old "Prince of Darkness" switches on my old German made Capri. After a few years, I guess the bonding agent they used got weak when it was warm. I could be driving down the road at night, the switch would heat up and seperate shutting off the headlights. Nothing like driving down an old country road, the lights go out, again, and I reached down and squeezed the switch back together.

Only to find a herd of cattle in the road.

I did a permanent fix on it after that.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Program started by G W Bush after 9/11 and continues to this day. Keywords used by terrorists would cause a "hit" on the filtering computers and flag that particular email or cellphone conversation. Not saying I agree with it or disagree with it. I'd like to see how it was applied. The FCC has required end user radios, phones, landlines, internet connections, etc. to not have the kind of shielding the military, CIA, and other government entities have to protect their communications. Your average consumer product by FCC law has to be under certain shielding strength. My guess is they have been eavesdropping well before G W Bush was President.