OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Anti-homosexual marriage law ; unconstitutional?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's the big thing with having sex with children... It's called CONSENT. Polygamy? Fine. They're consenting adults, let them do as they please. Having sex with kids? Kids can't consent. That's the difference.

Born Gay: The Brother Factor - TIME
"Gay Gene" Survived Evolution As It Is Carried By Mothers Who Have More Children, Study : Science/Tech : Medical Daily

There's a lot of evidence that homosexuality isn't a choice. Ask a homosexual, I have.

States force you to buy auto insurance, I don't hear any complaints about that...

I'm not going to argue when it's okay to kill a fetus, because I honestly don't care. What I will argue is that it isn't my decision whether or not women can get abortions, because I can't get pregnant. I don't have an issue with them having that option.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My special needs daughter has self injurious behavior. All of the psychiartrists she has seen consider her behavior to be abnormal but that is the way she was born....

Old 08-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by jgar
I dont feel that homosexuality is a behavior (with most gays). I think its the way some peoples brains are wired. Call it a birth defect, disease, whatever. Some people dont have control over our bodies and the directions they take. Like with cancer,dyslexia and turrets.
Then then you agree Cancer, Dyslexia and Turrets are diseases/abnormalities and since you fashion them to homosexuality you agree its a abnormality/disease too? Not Normal?

Old 08-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by BruceDeuce
Then then you agree Cancer, Dyslexia and Turrets are diseases/abnormalities and since you fashion them to homosexuality you agree its a abnormality/disease too? Not Normal?
That was the intent of my post. Yes, they are far from normal. I should not have put cancer on the list for a example as I dont know much about it.
My point was for people who are really homosexual it is a defect they are born with. Not a choice they made just like a person with sepcial needs or any other handicap.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The impression Iam left with after reading this thread is people who are born with abnormality's are second class citizens and should not be equal in the eyes of the law. ????

Old 08-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Range Rover

I agree with you for the most part, Jgar. But I wouldn't call homosexuality a "disability". It's a disability in the same way being African American was in the '60's... People don't like you because you're different, not because of any real reason. However it could be an abnormality, as homosexuals certainly are a minority. So that's more a semantics debate than anything.

BruceDeuce, do you dislike everyone that isn't "normal"?

Old 08-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I don't believe homosexuals are born that way. It's not an abnormality in the sense of a birth defect that no one can change. For those situations, a loving mother and father are the best thing the child has going for him or her.

I've also talked to many homosexuals. Most have had non-existent fathers or overbearing mothers for some reason. Most that I have known have left that life style behind and said they no longer have a desire for it.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I don't believe homosexuals are born that way. It's not an abnormality in the sense of a birth defect that no one can change. For those situations, a loving mother and father are the best thing the child has going for him or her.

I've also talked to many homosexuals. Most have had non-existent fathers or overbearing mothers for some reason. Most that I have known have left that life style behind and said they no longer have a desire for it.
Iam going to have to respectfully disagree. I feel that reproducing is every animals (including us) most basic instinct. If not the species would die off. As we all know naturally you can not reproduce with a person of the same sex. I dont feel one can be taught to ignore instinct in this respect. With that being said if someone does not have the instinct to reproduce I feel there is a defect or birth defect.
As I have stated in this thread my mother is a homosexual. For over 20 years I had no contact with her because of her homosexuality. One day I said to myself F****************K this and called her. Since that day we have had a typical mother-son relationship. But I have interrogated her about why she is a homosexual. She was the one who told me it was a birth defect and said it was her instinct.

EDIT All of this applies to people who are who are real homosexuals and not just confused or looking for attention.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the guys arguing pro-homosexuality should just come out of the closet already...

Old 08-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Range Rover

Not only is that a personal attack (not okay?), but it's downright stupid. It's the equivalent of saying everyone supporting the civil rights movement, and the end of Jim Crowe laws, was secretly black. Or any one supporting Women's suffrage is secretly a woman.

Quick Reply: Anti-homosexual marriage law ; unconstitutional?