Rude neighbors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rude neighbors?

I've had the cops called on me but they never found me to get a chance to say anything. I haven't run from them though. That's about the worst thing you could do in that situation. They'd probably just say be careful too.

Old 08-05-2003, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Dang, I'm glad I (my parents and grandparents actually) own 15 acres of land, my neighbor has 5 acres and a dirtbike, and the guy that lives beside him has 2 planes and 4 ultralights, a runway and 10 acres. Betweent the 3 of us we can make more noise than everybody else in this forum combined. The 3 of us are always making noise, so we don't have to worry about pissing each other off.

I'm just not sure how the people that the people that are building a house next to my grandparents are gonna like me zinging by about 20ft away from their kitchen window. My trail was there first, its on our property, and they knew about it, guess its their problem. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2003, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

The last time I had some people over to my house to ride the only loud machine was a Raptor (Piped of course).After riding all day we were sitting back having a few beers and here come the cops they go by real slow.Of course he had to turn around and stop at my driveway.He approached us and asked us to call him next time we ride so he can join us. Just got to remember that alot of law enforcement have personal quads also.Ask them to join you.You never know.

Old 08-07-2003, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

I just talked to one of the most influential people in this country when it comes to atv-related issues, yesterday........and what do you suppose was the issue (right up there along with trespassing) which he felt was the biggest threat to our sport?

I told him that there were a lot more people (see this thread as evidence) who are butt stupid enough about loud pipes than he might ever have imagined.

And nobody believes that our youth are being influenced by all of this?..........well then........I guess there are even 'more' dumbasses out there than what I claimed.

Old 08-07-2003, 10:31 AM
Default Rude neighbors?

well i guess i am one of them.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2003, 10:53 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Rude neighbors?

i wouldn't mind noise compliance so much if the trade off would be public riding places for atv's. however, if i own the property, and the neighbors aren't close (i'm trying to buy 100 acres) then it may get loud. if you don't like the sound of my atv, you sure as he## ain't going to like the sound of my ar, 45, or any of the shotguns you might hear if you bit## too much.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:26 AM
Range Rover
Default Rude neighbors?

Blackballed , You sure you're not some kind of greeny in disguise. All I was trying to point out was his bike is as loud(if not louder) than my piped raptor. But the difference IS I dont start the damn thing every day at 8am 9am 10am Whatever!! I pesonally Don't give a flying f when he starts his bike. I get over it and nod right back off to sleep but he has to be a P@ssy *** and call the cops when I god forgive wake him at 11:00pm at nite. Is there a diff when his *** knows I work till 1am in the morning. I think Not. So Blackballed you can use all youre anilytical arguments and try to confuse the situation but I have an oppinion and really don't give a f about you're superiour attitude. and don't try to use that on me to tell me how to ride!!!! I ride responsible untill some dumbass shows up with an attitude like yours.. then I go ride somewhere else!!!!

Old 08-07-2003, 11:36 AM
Range Rover
Default Rude neighbors?

ouhhhh, What? did you talk to your wife and she tell ya youre not taking your blackballs out this weekend??? Influential?? Dont yank our chains!! who Were you talking to.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

I feel really stupid, that's been confusing me the whole time. I can't tell who he's directing all his superior comments at.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

I don't understand this, Black whatever is giving "the most influential people in the country on atv-related issues" ammunition against us. Maybe if sport quads make too much noise with the "loud pipes", maybe that tank of a Sportsman uses too much gas.

Quick Reply: Rude neighbors?