Rude neighbors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rude neighbors?

Originally posted by: hotseatperformancefan
kraw i wasnt talking to you i was talking to blackballed. he has a problem with everything.
nah, I wasn't talking to anyone in particular, just making a comment [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

AK, your neighborhood sounds like my worse nightmare. I can't stand neighbors with barking dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!! I honestly feel for you

Old 08-08-2003, 04:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

LOL, thanks guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2003, 04:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Yeah one of my old neighbors was a big a$$ like that too! It was 1PM and I was loading my quad up to go riding with some friends and he came out bitching up a storm and threatened to call the cops, I told him to kiss my a$$ . The cops showed up and laughed at him, they asked if I was riding it on the street, I told them no. Apparently this clown called them and told them I was riding everywhere on the street, the cops went to a old couple that were sitting on their porch across the street and asked them if I rode on the street and they said no I just brought it out of the backyard and put it right into the truck. The cops then told that guy never to call them with a complaint about my ATV again. I guess he didn't like the sound of my big gun exhaust...lol

Old 08-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Range Rover
Default Rude neighbors?

After 8a.m......before 9p.m....nieghbors don't like it? They can move.
I do think the exception is any home that may have a new born...a little respect goes a long way.

Too bad communication is no longer an option in our society......a sincere request might get the noise to stop if it is a legitimate request. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Originally posted by: Braty
oh, and these are "THE" rules, or just yours? What about people who work overnight for a living and have to sleep during the day, is it ok for them to ride their bikes at night, on their off time? Just because you are sleeping, that means nothing, right?

Old 08-10-2003, 02:24 AM
Range Rover
Default Rude neighbors?

well heres my deal i got a couple acres surroundin me and i like to ride down the road at 70mph on my piped blaster at around 2:00a.m. along with my ford tractor at about 2:30a.m. then i luv to grab my system and strap it onto the 4wheeler and drive recklessly in the yard with the system cranked as loud as it will go this is at about 3:00a.m. then i like to go get my polaris diesel and put it in nuetral and just rev it as about as loud as it goes this is at like 3:30a.m.....then at about 4:00a.m. ill grab my semi and drive up rev it as loud as it will go! and blow the air horn!!..... o then this is my favorite thing to do i take all of my machines and line them around the house im talkin (3 tractors , backhoe, f-350, f150, piped blaster, diesel polaris, a couple table saws, huge system, crankin, a couple roosters, 10 dogs, 8 cats, a gallon of ****, airplanes helicoptors, semitruck,and an lowrider with the bass playin!!!!!) then i go crazy with em!!!.......about this time i was takin to the phsche ward for mental health problems and disturbing my neighbors while they were away for a weekend about 200miles away!!!....lmfao hahahahaha i just thought ide bring some laughs for myself into this depressing forum i feel for all you guys just keep livin by the books and nothin can go wrong unless its in a american subdivision!! then your screwed and i really feel for ya....good luck with all of your neighbors guys i hope you can get everything under control!!

Old 08-10-2003, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Well i dont care what you have, but if my windows rattle in their frames when the offending noise maker goes by then its just too damm loud, wheather it be a jake brake bumpin radio or though damm bikes. If you got a pipe on your quad then what makes you think its ok to run the neighbor hood?? I ride as often as i can and having to listin to a piped quad would get under my skin real quick. We used to have a guy in our riding group that piped scrambler and he always got stuck at the end of the line since nobody wanted to listin to it.

Old 08-11-2003, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Originally posted by: robh
We used to have a guy in our riding group that piped a scrambler and he always got stuck at the end of the line since nobody wanted to listen to it.
Why........how could that possibly 'be' rob?????

Doesn't everybody just love and admire the guy with the loud pipe and never think for a minute that he pipes his bike to possibly overcome (cough) 'other' "short"comings?

Your story cannot possibly be true and I think you owe an apology to every rider who prioritizes his 'wants' in front of everybody else's !!!

C'mon rob, apoligize to these people as they would like 'us' to act when we point out their ignorance...................

Old 08-11-2003, 10:07 AM
Range Rover
Default Rude neighbors?

Originally posted by: Kraw
Originally posted by: Braty
oh, and these are "THE" rules, or just yours? What about people who work overnight for a living and have to sleep during the day, is it ok for them to ride their bikes at night, on their off time? Just because you are sleeping, that means nothing, right?

Kraw, maybe you should read my whold post before jumping too high. I said there are exceptions and that a sincere request goes a long way. If I am out on a Sat. morning with my quad and my nieghbors are up and their day has begun, or it is 5p.m. on a Wednesday and they are making dinner or whatever, and they are unhappy with the noise I am making...they can kiss my a**. Now , if I have a nieghbor who I know sleeps during the day...or a nieghbor with a baby who sleeps all day, I am not going to be bit*c and play. I do have respect for others. It is the lonely, sad, unhappy people who like to complain because they have nothing better to do who can move if they don't like it.

Have a nice day!

Oh, and by the way...I spent three years working a grave night shift, so my bed time was 5a.m.....and I did deal with a lot of noise from nieghbors who did not give a damn!I survived!

Old 08-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

I missed some of the earlier posts which, for example, ridiculously compared the gas consumption on my Polaris to running a loud pipe.......C'mon guys......you can call me every name in the book and one fact (law) will always stand that you darn well better be teaching your children to follow.

There are sound limits all over this country that are there for a reason and they are to be obeyed by everybody.

Are there other groups out there that seemingly don't get the same attention as atvs do?........Yes

Do you teach your kid to wear a helmet even when if his buddies don't?.........of course........isn't it funny how some of you want to teach responsible behavior to your children.......... and then continually exhibit the exact opposite of this behavior when you turn your keys on and hit the button?.

Check the law and check your pipes.........it's as simple as that. The problem being; is that many of you up on here have absolutely no desire to check either one of these items........ and it is literally killing the perception others have of our sport (not to mention of yourselves, and
by association, your children).

If you guys aren't interested in "leading by example" when it comes to teaching these kids about noise within the community.........who will be?

Quick Reply: Rude neighbors?