Rude neighbors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rude neighbors?

I know there are people besides me out there that have problems with their neighbors complaining about you riding. I live on a quiet dead end dirt road and the people all around us have complained at least once about "noise". I had a woman run me off the road into the ditch today. I saw her coming and stopped and pulled off all the way to the edge of the road. She did not move over an inch so I headed for the ditch, because goodness knows, if she ran into me it would be my fault. And meanwhile, her kids ride up the road at 11:00 at night in their lowered street trucks with the bass shaking the house. I've never ridden in their yard, I don't ride late at night, and I always slow down going by their house (always wearing a helmet), even though their house is well off the road in the trees. I've even had the cops called on me and seen them patrolling up the street. Has anybody else had any trouble with this?

Old 08-02-2003, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rude neighbors?

Yea it has happend to me once but i dident care if ya have a helmet on and not on a main road cops wont care,, this guy called the cops on me and a friend from rideing Atv's in front of my house and cops said its ok as long as you stay off main roads, so i said "ok" then when he left i whent infront of the guys house who called the cops on me, and burned out infront of his house but on the street [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] then nothing else happend so the point here is dont care what other people think if your rideing they dont have a ATV so they dont know how fun it is haha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] later...

Old 08-02-2003, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer
Default Rude neighbors?

There are probably sound ordinences that you could take advantage of the next time you hear a booming stereo.

Old 08-02-2003, 01:02 AM
Range Rover
Default Rude neighbors?

Ya they can use those sound ordinances against you too. I was loading up my quads after work one night about 10:30pm I didn't want to load them up in the heat of the day as I was planning on a ride the next morning. Next thing I know my next door neighbor comes over screamin about having to get up at 5am I was cool at first but then It just rubbed me the wrong way considering he rides a f**cking Harley to work. There' alot of us who work shift work in vegas and I have NEVER complained about him starting and warming up his harley. Then the p*ssy calls the cops on me. What a F**kin hypocrite. Jay

Old 08-02-2003, 02:46 PM
Default Rude neighbors?

sounds like one messed up neighbor. this is what you do when you have troubles with your neighbors. you put the quad somewhere on your property and you just sit there and keep revving it up and keep going and going and going. then eventually after about 30 minutes or however long it takes for one of your neighbors to come out and complain just simply say, "well you told me not to ride in the woods or on the street." plus your on your property so what can they do.

Old 08-02-2003, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

I tried that once. One time the kid left his truck outside running with the radio on and I could hear it inside my house with the TV on. I went outside and sat there almost on the property line and revved it. It finally got them to come out and shut off the truck.

Old 08-02-2003, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rude neighbors?

Sweeeeet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 08-02-2003, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

A Warrior osn't even that loud. They better hope I don't get a Banshee [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Default Rude neighbors?

a bansee isnt that loud stock. get some pipes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2003, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Here's a guy with a loud Harley........a kid with a loud stereo...........and what do "we" as responsible members of the atving community tend to do?...........why, go out and get a loud pipe that exceeds the very same sound limit!!!

Where does it stop?

Are folks out there trying to say that "we" should somehow be considered any less ignorant than the people we are complaining about?

Quick Reply: Rude neighbors?