Rude neighbors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rude neighbors?

Actually I have the stock pipe on mine, which is fairly quiet, I don't ride all day, and I don't ride late at night. So how is complaining about someone driving by 7 times a day with the radio blaring being ignorant when they complain about me and I don't make as much noise?

Old 08-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

I certainly didn't mean to imply that "you" were ignorant and am sorry if it came out that way. It's just that when you go out and start revving your quad up on the property line to overcome someone else's "loudness" on the other side of it...........what does the guy 2 houses down, next door and across the street have to put up with?.

Same situation with buying a two-stroke Banshee and then taking somebody's suggestion to throw a pipe on it..........where does it all stop and (most importantly) who gets influenced into believing that this is the proper way to behave when your neighbor's an idiot?

Old 08-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Lol, I wasn't actually going to do it. What I meant was, if I did have a Banshee (with pipes) that would really make some noise. As it is, my quad doesn't make enough noise to cause the neighbors to be so hostile.

Old 08-03-2003, 06:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

I used to love the exhaust on my Warrior. It made enough noise to stir things up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] People are so wrapped up in their own little lives that they think that what they have going on is the only thing going on. I have a woman that keeps bitchen to me because another neighbor drives by her house (with his rincon) and wakes up her baby. Any time of the day, she'll bitch. Another neighbor was shooting off fireworks last night and she said she was ready to go yell at them. She probably talks about me to the other neighbors. Meanwhile her dog gets loose and cruises the neighborhood pissing on everything. She probably doesn't think that anyone dislikes that.
Whenever you have a bunch of self centered people living in a close environment, you'll have conflict because they think you're effecting their harmonious vibe.

Which leads me to my concern. When are they going to require better exhaust on all those noisy MOWERS? Alot more people own mowers, why don't people bitch about them? How many times will my neighbor wake me up on Saturday morning with his loud mower before changes are made? Why just pick on the atv's? Those harleys hogs could use a new muffler too!

Old 08-03-2003, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Actually, it sounds like most Harley's could use a muffler, period. lol. But that's true, most mowers are about as loud as a quad. But maybe they think that since you have to mow your lawn, it doesn't matter how loud it is. But you dont HAVE TO ride a four wheeler. Oh well.

Old 08-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

You don't really have to mow grass. My sister went to Sweden about 15 years ago and she said that they don't mow their lawns over there. Green grass with no weeds is just another phalic symbol. Whoever has the most perfect grass, trimmed so neat and green with no weeds are the special ones. Down with the mowers!
How about "jake brakes"? Now something has to be done about jake brakes! Loudest brakes out there.

Old 08-04-2003, 12:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rude neighbors?

Thats great now my Warrior dont work anymore HELP!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2003, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

I love how people think they can confuse the issue of what noise is required to work and profit.......then somehow think they can turn the issue all around to the point of comparing it to whatever in the hell they want to do when they "recreate".........honestly, do they really think we're all that "dumb"?

Old 08-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Default Rude neighbors?

damn those people on the harleys they dont need their harleys as much as we need our quads. so why care about the noise of our quads? like one person said one time, "loud pipes save lives," or however it goes. i mean as long as your not pissin off people you should be able to have any exaust you want. i agree that some are too loud but the limit should be set at like 98 or something not how low some people were saying!!!

Old 08-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

so, from what I gather, people aren't entitled to peace and quiet in their own homes?

My neighbors bro had a piped warrior, he let his kids right that damn thing up and down the road all the time. It was too friggin loud! I was working graveyard, so it was IMPOSSIBLE to sleep during the day with that friggin noise. I should have called the cops, but I didn't.

can we honestly justify riding an atv in a residential neighborhoood?

I feel that if I am in my home, I shouldn't have to hear peoples outside noise, and this includes bass and fart pipes.

Quick Reply: Rude neighbors?