Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New vehicle time....need help/opions

whatever you do,,,get atleast a 3/4 ton

and if you get an h2 ill make fun of you

Old 10-22-2003, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider

The Avalanche has been great so far the biggest problem was a flat tire.
We have had ours since early 2002 and havnt had any problems with it. The midgate has never leaked and always worked fine.
You can fit a Suzuki Q-Sport 230 in the bed no problem w/o the midgate unfolded. I admit the inside can get pretty dirty with the midgate down, but nothing a good vacuuming cant fix. The 8.1L is a gas guzzler- a very powerful gas guzzler! But I've heard theres plenty of power in the 5.3L.
Go w/ any chevy!!! Guys in chevy's are hot!! especially with quads
Thanks!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2003, 01:57 PM
Trailblazer

agree 100%
That's right boys!! us girls know what's up!!!!
thanks
You're so very welcome!!!! Just statin' yhe truth[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2003, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

QuadQueen: Cool signature you have there. Also thanks for the advice I will buy a Chevy truck next time?

Old 10-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Trailblazer

First off I think quad queen is a freeak! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] And whatever i get and drive Chevy or not, will be hot if you know what i mean. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] What does everyone think about the Toyota Tundra (quad cab {new for 04} of course, the other style is ugly) and the New nissan Titan? Choices choices choices...

by the way quad queen when i pull a holeshot my rubber is in the air [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-23-2003, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer

I want to clear up some misconceptions about the avalanche. I have a 2002 2500, yes it has the 8100. It has never leaked water, the cladding has not fallen off, or faded. You can't get the 2500 WBH, that's without body hardware, as of yet. I have 50,000 miles on mine, it gets parked outside every night, Its been to Florida twice and South Carolina 4 times. The sunroof has never leaked. I get around 14 mpg on the highway, and 12 in town driving. I have the 4.10 rear gear, so I like to put myself back in my seat while driving between stoplights. Its the best dang vehicle I have every owned. It does alot of things well. I wasnt crazy about the looks at first, but now I really like it. It pulls my 20 ft trailer with my old car or quads so well, in fact I forget its back there going down the interstate. If you buy one it will be a good choice.

Troy

Old 10-23-2003, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 4wheelitis
I want to clear up some misconceptions about the avalanche. I have a 2002 2500, yes it has the 8100. It has never leaked water, the cladding has not fallen off, or faded. You can't get the 2500 WBH, that's without body hardware, as of yet. I have 50,000 miles on mine, it gets parked outside every night, Its been to Florida twice and South Carolina 4 times. The sunroof has never leaked. I get around 14 mpg on the highway, and 12 in town driving. I have the 4.10 rear gear, so I like to put myself back in my seat while driving between stoplights. Its the best dang vehicle I have every owned. It does alot of things well. I wasnt crazy about the looks at first, but now I really like it. It pulls my 20 ft trailer with my old car or quads so well, in fact I forget its back there going down the interstate. If you buy one it will be a good choice.

Troy
Sounds like we've had the same experiences with the Avalanche. Get an Avalanche you wont be disapointed!
And you'll be hot![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-23-2003, 04:41 PM
Royalty Rider

Originally posted by: Bing
whatever you do,,,get atleast a 3/4 ton

and if you get an h2 ill make fun of you
Well said Bing...I was thinking the same thing...

Originally posted by: quadqueen22
Go w/ any chevy!!! Guys in chevy's are hot!! especially with quads
Im thinking my man looks damn fly in a ford[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but definately sexier with the quad in da back!

Old 10-23-2003, 06:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

For what it's worth I've owned both Chevy and Ford. I've had a lot of Chevy's...El Caminos, 1/2 tons, and one 3/4 ton. All of my Chevy's had small blocks, except the 3/4 ton (454 gas lover), and were all extremely reliable with the exception of one that spit a rod with unknown milage. Anyway, check out my page it shows my current ride. F350 7.4L Powerstroke diesel, dully, 4:10's, 4x4, completely loaded. It's a beast and will pull anything I put behind it....almost. One problem....it ate a transmission at 88k. I can't completely blame the truck becuase I wasn't the original owner and I'm not sure if the tranny was neglected or not. Still, it was a little dissapointing and costly.

And for the record, if a chic digs your wheels....she's not diggin you. When I was in high school I drove some pretty hedious trucks but I was never lonley. Party on baby!!

Old 10-23-2003, 06:33 PM
NYC
Pro Rider

Why Are people Hatin on Hummers?!?!
Shyt, I'll Get 1 & Run your Azz's Over! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

So far of what you said, I'd go w/ HUMMER H2

My needs would be luxury, hauling, cargo, towing, some passenger room and of course V8 power.
If you can Afford the H2, you might want to check out these:
New Lexus RX330
BMW X5
Escalade

These are More on the Luxury side... But I haul My Quad w/ a Lexus! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New vehicle time....need help/opions