New vehicle time....need help/opions

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 01:50 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New vehicle time....need help/opions

Hey I am looking to get a new car within the next 5-6 months. What I am considering are as follows, (no specific order), Chevy Avalanche, Chevy Tahoe, Ford Expedition, Ford truck (150, 250 desiel), or a Hummer H2. I like all of these a whole lot. They all fit my needs. My needs would be luxury, hauling, cargo, towing, some passenger room and of course V8 power. What are some of your opinons regarding these. And please leave out or dont reply if you are one of those bias or overly loyal owners. i.e. chevy is better.....ford....blah blah. I'm not here to argue that one is better than the other. I personal like both manufactors and think they both have good models just some are better in certian classes of vehicles. Theres not much that isnt made well anymore. Thanks for your time and opions....

Old 10-21-2003, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

Get a Ford F250 Diesel those trucks are just plain tough plus they hold their value really well.

Old 10-21-2003, 10:07 AM
Range Rover

Working at a Chevrolet dealer, I can tell you stay away from the Avalanche. Unless of course you like water leaks and plastic trim than fades,falls off. BTW, if you damage one of those bed panels they are like $700 a piece. Ouch!

Old 10-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah those ford desiels are first class thats for sure. (F250 King Ranch Desiel sweet!!!) I dont like the Avalacnhe with the body cladding, I would get it without the hardware on the sides. But if they are prone to leak then I defintely want top stay away from them. Where do they leak from the midgate? Importh8 you said you work at a chevy dealer, what do you think about the tahoe, have you had an expericen with the H2s?

Old 10-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

Get an Avalanche w/o the body cladding. We never had any leaks or problems and it will tow anything with the 8.1!

Old 10-21-2003, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

Yukon XL 2500.....

Old 10-22-2003, 12:44 AM
Trailblazer

Quadsportin how long have you had your avalanche? And the GM 5.3 V8 is all the engine I need. I dont really like the Yukon line as much as I don the Tahoe/Suburban line. Thanks for the replies, keep them coming. Its always good to know others opions on such things.

Old 10-22-2003, 01:28 AM
Range Rover

Most o f the problems we have seen are midgate seals and the trim around the midgate glass splitting/cracking. I agree that the "naked" Avalanche looks better but... I just don't dig these "yuppie trucks",no offense meant to anyone in particular. I just don't get the whole thing about making the bed so short and useless that you have to put in a midgate or one of those flippy bed extender things like they put in Supercrews, Sport tracs, Or the four door s-10's. Trucks should be used as such and personally I prefer to keep the dirt and gravel outsde in the bed, not all over the inside. Sorry for the rant. The Tahoe/Sub are nice vehicles and relativly problem free. The 5.3L is a good solid engine, very reliable thus far. I would pass on the 8.1L as they don't pass up many gas stations and have a large appetite for oil. Seems most of the ones I see for oil changes are 2 or 3 quarts low at every change, and these are low mileage units. You absolutely can't go wrong with a powerstroke, but I would stay away from the 6.0L PSD at least for a while until they get all the bugs worked out. It is a good engine, lots of power , but as with all new things they have had some problems with it. I can't say too much about the H2 as we have only had two on or our lot and they were gone very fast. HTH

P.S. I was a FORD man long before I went to work for "the others".[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2003, 01:39 AM
Trailblazer

Go w/ any chevy!!! Guys in chevy's are hot!! especially with quads

Old 10-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: quadqueen22
Go w/ any chevy!!! Guys in chevy's are hot!! especially with quads
Agree 100%!!!