o/t dog put to sleep

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 05:54 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o/t dog put to sleep

Sorry about that. Rex feels bad too (my pooch).

puppy time

Old 11-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

I know how you feel man. I had to put my dog to sleep about 6 monthes ago. Mine used to ride me with me too when I had my threewheelers. About two weeks ago, we had to put my moms horse to sleep. I am almost 2 years older than it was, and I just turned 21, and weve had it its whole life.

----------
86 trx250r
97 warrior

Old 11-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I know how you feel bud.....loosing a dog is almost as bad as loosing a family member...because many times you are loosing a family member. We recently lost a red doberman after 18 years. The vet said there is no way she would have lived so long without plenty of love....she was one of the most gentle family dogs I have been around.

Old 11-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the replies. it is comforting knowing that i'm not the only one who has had to go through this crap. i try to tell myself that he is better off now, but that doesn't seem to work. and everytime i think of the good times we had it just makes me miss him more. i don't think i will ever get another dog, or pet for that matter. it's going to be tough, but i am told that time heals all wounds. i hope their right. later. and thanks again for the replies, they help.

Old 11-09-2003, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

Man, I'm sorry to hear about that. I love dogs, and it's very heart wrenching for me to hear of other people losing thier pups, or to even think about losing mine again. The best way to deal is to get another puppy, and not replace him, but continue his legacy. Remember, all dogs go to heaven! Unlimited bones, hydrants, cats to chase, legs to hump, whatever!!! Again, Sorry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear you had to put it to sleep because I hace an old Rat Terrier that is getting to the point she yelps every time she moves and I dont think she will last the winter but if I have to put her down I will feel just like you. You have my sympathy . Hey Chet its not my camping dog Angel but my old house dog. Brad

Old 11-09-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

ftwflh, man I feel sorry for ya. it sucks having to watch them inject the fluids and to see your dog just slowly lay down and not respond when you pet him. they say it's the best way for them to go, but that don't make it any easier. i wish there was some way to prepare ya for it, but i don't think there is. i was told a day before, that they would be putting my dog down and i think that made it worse. the night before was the worst night of my life. just knowing that the next day your dog was going to die. man, i feel for ya.

Old 11-10-2003, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

omg, that sucks so bad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Im sorry man and I know how you feel.. A couple of years ago i was playing in the front yard with my dog and the ball went over the fence so he still ran to go get it.. And yup it went in the middle of the street and i had too look at a car smack right at him.. and then watch him lay there motionless [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

But now i have Toby but will always miss that dog.. It was a 4 year old german shepard and his name was buddy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Toby feels bad too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2003, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear it Jaybird...My dog Kobe died last year from a sudden attack of seizures..he was only 2 1/2 years old...I got so attached to him..its just like losing a family member...I also still get choked up talking about him....I think I' ready for another dog now though....I love dogs, I had a chow chow for 17 years! I grew up with that dog and when he passed it was the hardest thing in the world...I got home from school one day and nobody was home...I heard my dog yelping and went to see what was wrong with him...as soon as I got down and held him he died...it was tough, but I just always think about the great memories I had with my dogs and I feel better..

Old 11-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

sorry to hear it man. My dad has had his dog for 12 years and he is the most loyal dog I've ever seen. My dad has gone through depression in the past, and know he will be absolutely devastated when this dog dies, and about 50 other family members too (most famous dog ever). he (the dog) is getting old and losing awareness, etc, and it's gonna suck so bad when he dies. I feel another depression coming on. I have lost 6 dogs in my past, very depressing. My dad, basically doesn't leave his room for couple days, actually takes time off work. I know what you're going through.

Quick Reply: o/t dog put to sleep