o/t dog put to sleep

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o/t dog put to sleep

i was just wondering if anyone else had to put their dog to sleep? mine just went down today and it sucks. he used to like to go riding with me and would actually lean with me when i would turn or stop. he was a great dog and i think it is going to suck without him. i have a pic of him on my pic page (he is the small furry one). later.

Old 11-08-2003, 12:36 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Our family feels your loss.

They become part of the family and will be missed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Thank goodness for puppies.

Chet

Old 11-08-2003, 01:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It's not fun and it's hard to tell when it should be done. That's all I have to say about that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2003, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I'm a huge dog person...real sorry to hear it.

Old 11-08-2003, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Last year after 15 years of love and friendship I held my dog Kasey in my hands while the vet let her to sleep. Still get choked up. Like Chet says, thank goodness for puppies.

Old 11-08-2003, 01:33 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Sorry to hear about your loss. After 15 years, had to put mine down. Only comfort was knowing he wasn't in pain anymore. Anyone that has had a pet and had to do this too, feels your pain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2003, 03:28 PM
Royalty Rider

Poor thing, sorry to hear about your loss JayBird. Its a crappy feeling, but whatever the cirmustances atleast your pup isnt sufferring...

Just keep a [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] on...

Queen

Trending Topics

Old 11-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Trailblazer

That is so sad. I am really sorry!

Old 11-08-2003, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

my daughter got a miniture dashound over a year ago, i couldn't stand that ugly little thing. but for some reason dogs seem to like me, hope i don't smeel like one? any way i became attached to the pooch. when i would come home after work he would run to the end of the drive and ride with me to the house, he liked to ride with me when i mowed the yard or pasture, even when i would scold him for something he would still climb up in my lap at just stare at me like he was saying he was sorry. two months ago i went home for lunch and as usual when i left i picked him up and petted him for a few minutes. that evening when i was on my way home my wife called and said she had ran over him. i have had chronic back pain for the last four years and i don't know why but that little pooch named rocky seemed to help make me feel better. i was the about the saddest day of my life when i had to bury him in the back yard. it's been two months and it may be retarded but i still get depressed when i think about him. whe have a little female dashound and for the first two or three weeks she would just set in the back yard looking for him to come home. she would bark and wait to she if she could hear him, it was sad to watch her. my daughter has gotten another dog now but i don't want to become attached to it. it's just like the rest of them though, it follows me around and sets by me when i'm doing something wanting me to play with it. i would never be mean to it but i just can't seem to let myself become attached. i know what your feeling and it's hard for some people to understand the pain this can cause until they have one of the loylest friends to walk the earth. when you find the right dog they are like your best friend. they will allways be there for you and never hold a grudge or get angry at you because you didn't include them in something but instead will just wait patiently until you give you attention to them. my feelings go out to you too!

Old 11-08-2003, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

i am sorry to hear that, my dog was 15 and we had to put it to sleep a year ago. but now i got a maltiese poodle so i am happy but i still miss the old dog.

Quick Reply: o/t dog put to sleep