Old 12-08-2003 | 09:02 AM
CED
Pro Rider
Default How about them WILDCATS!!

Not gonna happen.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2003 | 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

Cedric I was wondering if you cared about football, know I know. It'll be a great game, but you'll be a little sad with the outcome. haha[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2003 | 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

AT: All I ever hear from people in Ohio is a loud sucking sound. You didn't address the 57-37-6 record vs. your Buckeyes? Nuff said, the math answers all questions!

Old 12-08-2003 | 11:55 AM
|
Pro Rider

OU does belong in the Sugar Bowl. Period. Had their loss been at the beginning of the season, everybody would still be saying they're the best. Besides, they lost to a team that really hit their stride after some injuries and once the defense got it together.
USC lost to Cal. They're not even ranked!! They are exactly where they belong- the Rose Bowl. Where UM will win and finally shut up all of the sportscasters.
I'm not a huge fan of the BCS system, but I'm sure glad it's in place this year. Without it, the finiky polls would put the wrong teams in a championship game.

I think they killed my thread by moving it to this forum.

Old 12-08-2003 | 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

Couldn't have said it better Big Ben and the K-State Wildcats will thump Ohio State just like they did OU!

Old 12-08-2003 | 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

I do believe that OU belongs in the game. They lost yes, but the SOS is better. With that said tOSU was screwed in '98. They lost to MSU, but FSU lost to NC State. FSU got the nod to play UT because of the Florida media love. "pretty football" Joe Pa said that the '98 OSU team was the best he'd seen in 50 years, yet they get overlooked by FSU. The media love for these pretty teams like USC is sickening.

As far as the all time record against scUM I believe tOSU lost the first 16 games right? Back before football was a sactioned sport @ tOSU. tOSU didn't even join the Big 10 until like 1912. So that's most of them. Yes scUM was a great team in 1899 (when the Big 10 started) I'll give you that & yes they did win those games. But be serious, can a school really have pride in beating high schools & unsanctioned groups of guys who agree to play an organized group of people on a college level 90 years ago????
Take it however you can get it I guess.

As far as KSU. They worry me. They are a good team who has everything to gain by beating tOSU. tOSU on the other hand was looking forward to playing Cryami again or Texas as a prelude to the home & away series in 05 & 06. KSU is kind of a disappointment in tOSU eyes, I hope Tressel can get the Bucks up for the game.

Old 12-08-2003 | 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

AT: 100 years ago or today, it's still football. I think all Wolverine fans are proud of the program from day one through their last game. I also have the highest respect for the OSU program. I'm not knocking the programs as you are. It's a great sports rivalry and I think we all enjoy the last game of each season (win or lose). I watched a few Woody/Bo games with my grandfather when I was a boy. Great memories from those days. Woody was a great coach. Bo was a good coach; he just couldn't get the team over the top. Here's some great information from these two coaches. Woody vs. Bo

I have a good friend and colleague who is a OSU graduate. We've had a lot of fun over the past ten years. Last year I was at his house watching the Bucks take care of the Hurricanes. I was pumped that a big ten team had a chance to win a NC. I was almost as fired up as Kurt was during the game. I'll also be rooting for the Bucks to beat KSU in the Fiesta Bowl this season as well.

Go Big Ten!

Old 12-08-2003 | 05:09 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

OU does not desereve the title game. They are not even conference champs.
It should be a playoff, as we all agree, but NO WAY A TEAM WHO CAN'T EVEN WIN THEIR CONFERENCE!
K State should be there over OU, and LSU.

Old 12-08-2003 | 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

OU deserves it just as much as the others. All conferences should have a title game or all conferences shouldn't have a game. With the bcs setup the way it is OU and LSU make it. It is unfortunate for USC, we'll know more after the games are played as to who deserved it and who didn't!

Old 12-08-2003 | 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

OZ, Then how about a truce.
I'll quit.

As far as the Big 10 it's record year. 8 teams in bowl games. Fact is except for the 3rd week in Nov I always cheer for dUMb.
I really wanted the Bucks to play Cryami again after scUM put the kabosh on tOSU's back to back title hopes. I just want to see Yellin Winsblow get taken out. It's a shame it happened to McGahee & Dorsy instead. I just can't stand the "chosen one".
I think PU & Wisky will have their hands full & I really can't see NU beat BGSU, but who knows. Maybe another ESPN bowl trophy.
If dUMb plays USC like they played tOSU (very strong on the O-line) I think they win. Those pretty teams just can't take getting hit over & over. ie, Cryami last year.
USC sure is a cocky team considering anymore than they have done the last 20 years....

Quick Reply: How about them WILDCATS!!