How about them WILDCATS!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003 | 05:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default How about them WILDCATS!!

AT: That's cool and the gang. It's easy to get fired up and emotional over this game, esp. the team we love to watch. As I get older, I try to sit back and evaluate the team based on how they play. I try not to let my emotions for the team skew my thoughts. UM shouldn't have had the brain fart against Oregon. Iowa was the fault of the special ed (I meant teams) coach. It was the strangest punt formation anyone in college football has ever seen. Not once, but five times they lined up like they were a high school freshman team punting the ball.

Old 12-10-2003 | 05:40 PM
|
Pro Rider

sandneck-- In a playoff system, it would still be possible to win a National Championship without winning a conference. There aren't enough conferences for each one to just send one team.

Old 12-10-2003 | 07:45 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

My point is that you punish USC for having a weak schedule (BYU, Notre Dame were both good teams when they scheduled them), you should punish OU for losing a conference title.
I think there is no way to take the human factor out, so the best bet would be to have all conference champs play in a playoff, you will have to let the humans decide seating, but the conferenced should chose to have a conf. title game, or just a reg, season champ. You can never have a 64 team tourn like basket ball, it would take 2 months to play it out. It wil have to be a 10 or 12 team playoff. Max.
What they should do, is have the winner of OUvLSU play USCvMU winner.

Old 12-28-2003 | 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

OZ,
check this out!

Carr

Old 12-29-2003 | 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

I do think Lloyd whines more then he should. Rumor has it he'll be retiring in 05. I think he's a good coach, not great. Although he has one national championship (co-champ) under his belt.

Old 12-29-2003 | 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

yeah no kidding. He's on the feild more than some players. I doubt he'd have the success he's had elsewhere. scUM has the talent to bail the guy out. Kinda like Cryami & Larry Coker.

I'm sure you can think of some people to "make talk" right???

Old 12-29-2003 | 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

You're not an blOwSU grad are you? I'm not hip with the following sentence:

I'm sure you can think of some people to "make talk" right???

My ten year old neighbor kid was over checking out Need For Speed - Underground on the XBox. She was telling me how "tight" the cars were. I must be aging...

Old 12-29-2003 | 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

no, no, no. not a grad of tOSU (THE Ohio State University) My student loan was late (my fault) & now I work a decent paying but meaningless job....oh well.

"Make talk", I just meant that budlight webpage, that is all.

I've got to go. My tight, fly ride is wanting me to rotate the tires & rollout to mac on those honeys with badunkadunk butts.

Old 12-31-2003 | 02:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Its good to see a healthy Rivalry between two GOOD teams.

OKLAHOMA has nothing to appologize for as far as where they are playing. Why should playing(and loosing) in a Conference Championship game deminish what the sooners had done in the regular season 12-0 who else did that??? thats right nobody! If you ask me the team that cam out smelling like a ROSE is USC!!! First they dont have to play the SOONERS for the National Championship. SECOND they basically get a HOME game agianst Michigan. And third they get the LUXURY of having a share in the NC if they win (which is BS!)

Oklahoma screwed themselves by not beating KSU. Now they have to play LSU which IMO is a much a better team then USC, simply becuase they have a great defense, AND now they have to beat LSU in thier backyard!! Oklahoma fans got 16,000 tickets given to them, and LSU got 16,000 tickets. The rest of the tickets where givien to season ticket holders of the Saints,and louisiana government officials[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] which are SCALPING the hell out of the tickets, which is ILLEGAL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Anyway, I wouldnt pay to much attention to ESPN, they are BIASED and are after Ratings....

Hiesman trophy----(best Player)-Jason white(oklahoma sooners)
lambardi trophy--(best linebacker)----teddy lehman(oklahoma sooners)
--Best defensive lineman-- Tommy Harris----(Oklahoma sooners)
Best defensive back--(Oklahoma sooners)

OKlahoma sooners had more ALL-Americans then any other team this year.

So to all that say that thier not good enough to play for the NC you should'nt define the Sooners season on one game. Those guys worked hard to get these TOP honors,and they deserve to play.

Bigger.

Old 01-03-2004 | 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

How 'bout them Buckeyes! Sproules held to 38 yards, Roberson running scared & Bill Snyder horribly outmatched by the Tressinator.

a top 3 finish perhaps?

To the OB we go in 05....