:RANT: Stupid people :RANT:

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default :RANT: Stupid people :RANT:

Today some friends and I rode from California city, Ca to Randsburg, CA.

For those that have never done this ride Randsburg is an old mining town. It has a couple of restaurants and several antique stores. Although atv's and dirt bikes are not normally allowed in towns, this place is an exception.

The bikes bring in $$$ to the town.

There's several signs telling us to be cool in town. Should be a no brainer since there's many people here on the weekends including slow old people and small kids.

Why the fawk do some atv/dirt bike riders feel they need to do wheelies down main st? With their Big Gun pipe rattling the windows!

I mean they have the whole desert to do these things but they choose to do them and endanger other innocent people.....Giving us responsible riders a bad name.

I'm not impressed at all by a YZ426 doin a wheelie, I'm more impressed by the riders that respect the place and are responsible.

Since we are in California we don't usually get the privledge that Randsburg gives us and these fools are just gonna get us kicked out of this place too.

:Rant off:

Old 01-18-2004, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, it's those riders that get places shut down and then whine and cry about no place to ride.

We gotta police our own or it WILL be done for us by restricting ALL riders.

Old 01-18-2004, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

chris 142
no matter where you go , the place will be allocated its share of village idiots. all of these mods of transportation will be represented somewhere at sometime in your travels, bikes, boats, quads, cars, trucks, bicycles, horses, sneakers, skates , skis, rollerblades and on and on, feel free to add too this list. been there and seen that. some people never catch on.

Old 01-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate those people too.

Old 01-19-2004, 05:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider

What would be a solution?
Ive witnessed stupid behavior before, and felt i couldnt do anything about it. Usually im with my kids, and the stupids are usually drunk or outnumber me.
How do you tackfully tell them, their behavior is ruining things for all of us?
Write down the registration numbers, and turn them in?

Old 01-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

hondabuster
i don't knew, if they are really stupid maybe reporting them and getting john law envolved is the answer. most of the time nature has the answer, its called natural selection. the stupid one manage to kill themselves off, sometimes they take a few innocent people with them, sometimes just themselves. but anyway im sure that there will be another idiot showing up to take their place.

Old 01-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

When I see someone doing something that is stupid on or off the trail,I POLITELY go up to them and tell them that they MIGHT want to take it EASY because I just seen the Game Warden about a half mile ago.

Works EVERYTIME!

Bill

Old 01-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

It would be great to carry a sidearm sometimes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] , Or ride with someone that CAN carry one.

Old 01-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

Chris142, Cal city to Ransberg? That sounds great. How long did it take? I used to go all through those hills when I had work up in Ridgecrest. Last chance cyn, Goaller(?) gulch and all those little ghost towns out there. I got to get back up there when it warms up (above 60) hehe.

Old 01-19-2004, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: HappywithVForce
Chris142, Cal city to Ransberg? That sounds great. How long did it take? I use to go all through those hills when I had work up in Ridgecrest. Last chance cyn, Goaller(?) gulch and all those little ghost towns out there. I got to get back up there when it warms up (above 60) hehe.

It's 18.9 miles one way..Took about 2 hours since my friends wife has a small bladder
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Getting back was kinda tough. I/we took a wrong turn and even though the trail was marked for atv's it was way too narrow to go up w/o dying[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

We could see marks in the dirt from dirtbike foot pegs! And there was a steep rock about 20 ft tall which I wasn't comfortable with traversing.

Quick Reply: :RANT: Stupid people :RANT: