O.T. I'm stressed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 04:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.T. I'm stressed!!!

Na, I dont have a stressful job. Spend most of the day playing on the computer. I might put an hour of work in a day!

Old 02-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

whenever i work those 11 hour days, i just think about the big check i will be getting. at my work, we get paid time and a half for every hour over. so i would be getting paid $13 something for every hour i worked over. not bad for a summer job. and it helps add the accesories to the quad.

Old 02-06-2004, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I work with murders, rapists, viloent offenders EVERY day. Gang bangers etc... Ya, it gets outta hand.
Wanna guess where I work [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: PADZZ
Well, I work with murders, rapists, viloent offenders EVERY day. Gang bangers etc... Ya, it gets outta hand.

Is it your local Los Angeles highschool?

Old 02-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AlphaRaptor660R
Originally posted by: PADZZ

Is it your local Los Angeles highschool?
LMFAO...that's great

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

I got you all beat badly.

I work 9 hours of computer technical support for a huge ISP (30,000+ customers) and less than 5 people answering phones at any given time when we usually have 8 lines ringing consistently. (it may be more, we only have 8 lines) - trust me, this is one of the worst of the worst. constantly people are calling up with simple problems and they wouldn't have the slighest idea how to fix it them selves. "No Dial Tone" - god d@mnit!! I paided my bill you b@stards what thge f*ck did you do to my computer??
OR what it ends up being is they have their phone line cable plugged into the ethernet adapter instead of their modem. I swear to god these people see a computer with a few wires hanging out of it and d@mn near pass out. every day, we got the same stupid questions over and over and over, no, it's not only easy for us because we're educated in the field, a lot of it is pure human common sense and in the 2 years ive been on the job ive set to see a customer with just that, common sense. people call up reaming our @sses because they keep getting disconnected from the Internet(well of course it must be us!!!) - so we have to listen to them b!tch and complain and talk they like they have the slightest idea what they are talking about. And then we take 5 seconds to have them uncheck "DIsconnect after checking or sending mail" and send them on their way :-) and on top of that, it seems like the second someone calls and we pick up, all common sense and even the ability to listen vanishes from our customers freakin heads, because they can't listen. like:

Me: "ok, now in the white box, simply type in 'pop dot gglbbs dot com'
(pop.gglbbs.com)
Them: "pop at gllbss dot .....net was it?"

or

Them: "i cant get on the internet! are you guys down?!?!?!???"
Me: "No sir, I know of no problems in your area. Do you get an error message when you tr to connect?"

Them: "yeah! it just says it cant do it!"
Me: "Ok, whats the exact error message or even error number it gave you?"

Them: "6 something, 639,691 i dont know! it just says it wont let me on!"
Me: " Ok, what version of Windows do you run?"
Them: "Oh god! I dont know....uh, err ehh what are my options?"
Me: "Windows 95,98,ME,2000 or XP"
Them: "Yeah! Millennium 2000! thats it!"
Me(laughing at them while on mute) : "Great! Ok, lets go ahead and click Start, settings and then Control Panel"
Them(instantly!): "I dont have start!"
Me: "Oh no, if you have no start button it probably isnt turned on in your startup settings...you might have to call a technicial as we arent able to troubleshoot Windows problems over the phone"

Them: "Oh, I see it! There it is! What did you say now? Start what??? Start programs??...."

I dont even want to type th rest. These things are every single call(we have about 600 calls a day) and it will never fail to amaze me what is said next. You wouldnt believe what gets broken and throw around our call center on a regular basis...very crazy.

beat that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Can't beat the last one, don't want to try either. I work 9 hour days at an elementary school (when school is in, 8 during the Summer and breaks) so the hour of OT pays for quad and bike upgrades. I've got 20 years there as of this month, so 10 more and I'm outta there. It's nice to be on the downhill side of a career. Now I've just got to decide what I want to do when I grow up. I did computer repairs & upgrades for a few years on the side but it got to where it was too much work and I was hardly at home, nice cash coming in though! But, I found out that's not what life is all about, not mine anyways.
I was leaning towards wrenching on Harleys on the side but that started getting out of hand too. If I had to choose something now, I'd say in another few years I'll be painting tanks and fenders for bikes and doing one or two per month just to add some cash to the retirement income. I'm looking forward to working out of my garage at my own pace and be able to take off a month, or two, when I need to.
Right now I'm just trying to enjoy the time that's mine, spend the weekends at our trailer where we season camp, get in some rides on the quad through the Winter and the bikes the rest of the year, and enjoy life. That's what it's all about. If we do only go through this once, I want to enjoy it to the fullest.

Old 02-12-2004, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider

Woo Hoo! 14 hours again!!!

Old 02-12-2004, 04:32 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: AlphaRaptor660R
I'm stressing out at work! It's gonna be 6pm and I'm still here!!! Anybody else have a stressful job???? I think its time to look for another!

if thats the way you feel,,,,,

its time to make a change,,,,

you wont regret it

i didnt

Old 02-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

yeah Alpha, looks like you have a lot of toys to play with too but not time to do it. yeah, I know what its like to have someone new take over too. our company just got bought out and everything sucks right now, plus we are all getting laid off in about a month permanently

is there a lot of work in your field in your area alpha?

Quick Reply: O.T. I'm stressed!!!