can you shoot guns in glamis?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default can you shoot guns in glamis?

As far as target shooting goes. Where can someone go target shooting with a solid projectile? AKA: .22, .38 etc.

All the signs I have seen said "Shotgun area only".

Back on topic..Sorta. I think most people that go to the dunes on busy weekends have a gun for protection. Especially at Glamis due to all the trouble makers.

But shooting a gun even in self defense isn't a good idea with all the other people around. Imagine that you are confronted in your camp site by a trouble maker. You decide that the gun is your only way to protect your life and shoot at the guy. Being shaken and nervous you miss and the bullet kills someones kid 3 camp sites away.

How would you feel? What do you say to the parents of the dead kid? What is the judge gonna do to you?

A Shotgun would be a better choice in this environment, but you still could kill the wrong person. I don't really know the answer. Pepper spray? Non-Lethal ammo?

If I'm with a small group we usually park as far away from the other campers and partyanimals. This does 2 things. One being away we have less chance of someone starting trouble with us. The other is that we are far away from other campsites that a shotgun blast cant reach the other campsites, but a bullet still could.

At Dumont there is a sign that says "No target shooting". This does not mean that you cant have a gun there. It means just what it says "no target shooting".

Old 03-25-2004, 12:18 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default can you shoot guns in glamis?

Chris, out in your area, most of the area north, northeast, and northwest of Barstow is open to solid projectiles. The BLM open areas are shotgun only, as is the area south of Barstow. And, the projectile must be less that half the size of the barrel (limits buckshot). In some areas, shooting is only allowed during hunting season, with a liscense.

There is no consistency at all!

Old 09-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Book to Read

I work for Turner's and we normally have that book in stock, "How To Own a Gun and Stay Out of Jail", but not all stores have it at this time. Call ahead and find out. We should get more in hopefully.