Injuries ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 12:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injuries ?

Bruised my hip bone, after not seeing a jump and going end over end. Also suffered a concusion.

Old 03-30-2004, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default Injuries ?

Did a sideways roll over at the dunes two weeks ago. Didnt tear up anything other than a headlight and my back. I dislocated a rib a couple of years ago, and I think I re-injured it from this wreck. Went to the chiropractor the next day and and am good to go again about a week later.

Old 03-30-2004, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default Injuries ?

I got knocket out for about half an hour riding at a sand pit. I hit a bumb that i didnt see and went over the bars into a tree. luckly i was wearing a helmet it probably saved my life.

Old 03-30-2004, 11:31 PM
ktk
Range Rover
Default Injuries ?

just realized i never explained how it happend , well here goes - me and my brother were checking out the ride area after they built some new jumps after awhile we decided to take a break and watch some of the dirt bikers doing some tricks off the bigger jumps they had put in , and i gotta say it was an sick show untill one of them decided to ghost ride his bike over the jump , needless to say me and my brother were sitting on our quads off the side of the track about 20-25ft or so and right in the direction the bike decided to go i seen it cart wheeling towards us and my brother & i trying to get off my quad and out of the way when it came sailing right into me knocking me off my quad disclocating my shoulder and tearing my rotator cuff about 3/4 the way off also splitting my shin right below my knee cap and leaving me with a nasty concusion , my brother also got hit with the front fork leaving him with a cuncusion and 14 staples in his head. not to mention the damage to my yfz which absorbed a good amount of the impact . the only thing i can remember after getting hit was the ambulance ride - bad luck i guess there were a few people also standing near us watching that were also close to getting hit with the bike but didn't luckily for them i was the first one in the way from the direction the bike came . i will have some x-rays up soon as i get the disc back. can't say it was fun and the owner of the bike is looking at a lawsuit because the owner of the land had him charged for reckless endangerment. but thats what happend and its now gonna cost me 4-6 months of my spring / summer riding time .
That guy deserves everything that gets thrown at him. It's guys like him that are giving us all a bad name. And the owner of the property is obviously feeling the heat as well and this will cost him a pretty penny too in insurance premiums. I don't have a problem with the stunt per se, but if he were to actually do it, make sure there aren't spectators reasonably close by that could be injured. It's obvious you were in harms way with no forward warning.

I hope you heal quicker than you say and you definately should get a pretty penny too to help you not only feel better, but feel better. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Overall I dislike lawsuits but yours would definately not be frivolous.

Old 03-31-2004, 02:02 AM
Trailblazer
Default Injuries ?

This happened a long time ago but a lesson was learned.

1976 (15 years old) I purchased a beat up old Kawasaki trail bike. Just enough power to be fun. Living in the country, there were several of us that had motorcycles and rode together all the time at one property or another. Of course we traveled the gravel road back and forth to each others homes.

One evening, we all ended up at the house across the street from mine. A school night so we kind of needed to wind it up and go home. One guy needed a ride home, about half a mile, so I took him. Went back and got my brother and headed across the street to go home.
Instead of shooting straight across the road, I decided to take a quick run up the road about a quarter mile to the curve and the only streetlight in the area. It put off enough light to see the road, (no headlight). I turned around at the light as planned and headed back to my driveway.

50 feet from my driveway, I met disaster. The kid I took home heard us riding and got his motorcycle out. From what he could see in the streetlight, he thought we had traveled around the curve and disapeared out of the light. He was trying to catch up with us.

Our front tires met smack in the middle of the dark road. Our heads (helmetless) met somewhere out over the handle bars.

I remember turning around at the streetlight that Thursday night long ago. I came to the following Saturday morning lying in the hospital.

Crushed cheek bone, broken jaw, bi-lateral skull fracture, and they were not sure if they could save my right eye. Deafness was all but certain and brain damage likely.

My friend had major goose egg on his forehead and concusion. I had cushioned the impact for my brother but he messed up a finger.

They had shaved most of my head in preparation for surgery to relief the pressure in my head. They put the hair in a ziploc bag and gave it to my parents so they could give it to the mortition if I didn't make it.

19 days later I walked out of the hospital. A week later, I was back in school. Yes, there is a God.

28 years have passed. Both of my eyes work, both of my ears work, and most people will tell you that I have no brain damage. (can't count the x wife)

Never bought another motorcycle or anything like it until this past October when I purchased a Suzuki Ozark and a HELMET.

I flipped it this past Sunday. Got a black eye and some scrapes but didn't break anything. And yes the Helmet was on. Learned another lesson or 2. Don't ride alone and practice on small hills.

Be Safe People. I want to read about the fun stuff you do too !

Old 04-01-2004, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default Injuries ?

Well gave my testomony today in court ... It sucked because i hate getting put on the spot ~ besides even though i got hurt in the incident i kinda feel bad for the kid becuase i have been caught up in the heat of the moment and done things that could have gotten people hurt thank god nobody ever did with the stunts we pulled !! .. however he made out pretty good he got banned from the property and he has to pay all of the fee's / co-pay / and what ever else is left from the hospital bills from what the land owners insurance and my insurance does not pay , I'll be glad when this is all over and i can walk it off - no hard feelings towards anyone. they also measured the distance that we were sitting from the jump and it amazed me becuase we were 35+ feet away from the jump , they also said that the bike had not touched the ground for 26ft after leaving the jump and then going into a tumble and some were down the line hitting me and my brother and coming within 6 ft of hitting the other crowd of people standing near us. they also put my brother on the spot saying that his injuries could have been prevented if we had still had our helmets on and he had to explain to him that we were off the track taking a break near the rest area and did not feel the need to have them on being that we were not that close to the track - they mentioned that the owner should mark out a boarder and make it mandatory to have a helmet on past the boundry not a bad idea. but i'll have my x-rays up soon to show how bad the injuries were .

Peace

Old 04-01-2004, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Injuries ?

only injuries ive had were from climbing a hill and flipping backwards WITHOUT a helmet on.... took the bars in my face... broke my nose in 3 places (smashed one side in, which pushed the other side out, and also broke the tip off)

I dont think ill do anything without a helmet on... (only reason i didnt have it on was because we were trimming trails and the hill wasnt that big of a deal....but ill think twice next time)