music

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004 | 12:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default music

i like etown concrete, jedi mind tricks , bob marley, not too much country but i like some of it, green day sometimes, i dont like rap except for ludacris sometimes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2004 | 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default music

I saw HeadBangers Ball listed on the channel guide so I turned it on and after a few minutes of listening I wanted to go burn my car and kill the neighbors[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

What ever happened to the old days of singing about women and having a good time? I crusied thru another site and listened to all the old hair bands and was reminded about my younger days and just had to buy a bunch of them. AlaskaBoy.

Old 03-30-2004 | 02:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default music

Originally posted by: raptorchick
Originally posted by: ShadyRascal But the heavy metal now like on Headbangers Ball is hilarious. Tuned-down low chords, and gutteral death yell vocals that are all identical. I mean much of it makes Slipknot look artistic. I don't get it, but hey if you like it go with it.
I am not a big fan of the "cookie monster" vocals either. Most of the bands I listed actually do sing a bit. I don't like very many of the bands they play on Headbangers ball (too much mallcore crap).
Most of what I listen to is more underground.
Gawd that's funny! Cookie Monster vocals, I'm using that one hope you don't mind[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Headbangers ball was great in the mid 80's. Underground is more where I'd be at, I guess that's what you'd call my band's stuff because nobody's ever heard it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2004 | 04:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default music

I listen to a lot of stuff. I go throught phases. I just went through my hip-hop/rap phase, now I'm back into my rock phase. I think I listen basically except country.

Old 03-30-2004 | 04:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default music

Originally posted by: ShadyRascalI am not a big fan of the "cookie monster" vocals either. Most of the bands I listed actually do sing a bit. I don't like very many of the bands they play on Headbangers ball (too much mallcore crap).
Most of what I listen to is more underground.
Gawd that's funny! Cookie Monster vocals, I'm using that one hope you don't mind[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Headbangers ball was great in the mid 80's. Underground is more where I'd be at, I guess that's what you'd call my band's stuff because nobody's ever heard it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][/quote]

In a band, huh? What do you play?
I try to play guitar and I like the heavier music because of the guitar work more than anything. I actually like the tuned down chords though. I use drop C tuning.

Old 03-30-2004 | 04:20 PM
Range Rover
Default music

AlaskaBoy, You answered your own questions. YOUR OLD!

Old 03-30-2004 | 04:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default music

Drums. Played since out of the cradle, my grandpa and great grandpa were also drummers. Played down in Pioneer Square one night, but mostly around Spokane back in the day. Just messed around recording stuff the last few years. Double bass and all that. Do the Peart cowbell stuff in my solo. It's the one thing I do better than most everybody else too bad I don't make a living at it!

Old 03-30-2004 | 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default music

Metallica......The old ****.

Old 03-30-2004 | 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default music

Timo, I am only 31 years old. I can remember when I thought that was old, now I am there and so will you someday if you are not allready[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. AlaskaBoy.

Old 03-30-2004 | 04:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default music

[i]Originally posted by: raptorchick[/i
In a band, huh? What do you play?
I try to play guitar and I like the heavier music because of the guitar work more than anything. I actually like the tuned down chords though. I use drop C tuning.

Our guitar player now lives in Seattle, Micheal Daly is his name, last I heard he played with Batter Dean and Ivan. Monster player, unreal, kind of a savant. So its just me and the Geddy Lee type bass player we just jammin.

Quick Reply: music