Coated racks? ( Herculiner )

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2000, 01:56 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone used Herculiner to coat their racks? If so, how'd it turn out? Did 1 quart cover sufficently?

I ordered a quart of herculiner to coat the racks/bumper on my Foreman but I read on another forum that one quart was barely enough for two racks. In the advertising it states that a quart is enough for several ATV's. Any experiences with herculiner?
I called the local Rhino liner dealer and they want $75.00 to $100.00 per rack. They weren't willing to spray the racks along with a truck bed. They want to set up and do the racks alone and the manager said the spray gun they use doesn't have a trigger so when it's on, it's on until they're done. A little rich for my blood.
I hope the Herculiner is a good product and that I can get good results. My front rack is brand new ( Post crash ) but the rear rack and front bumper are scratched. I haven't had good luck painting racks in the past hopefully the liner will work. Thanks for any info.

Old 07-18-2000, 08:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put Herculiner on mine. 1 quart was plenty. I put on 2 coats and only used about half the quart.