If Harley-Davidson produced a sport quad...would you buy it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If Harley-Davidson produced a sport quad...would you buy it?

They also owned the hill climbs too. A lot of the super modified dirtbikes that hill climb actuall use fuel injected 1200cc sportster motors for the amount of torque that they make compared to the dirtbike motors

Old 05-19-2004, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
Originally posted by: aksafari
It would be a noisy, vibrating, unreliable piece of crap that looked good. Why not just put 400ex plastic on a Quadzilla?
You OBVIOULSY have no idea what you are talking about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
BIGBADSCRAMBLER, I have to agree with BigBadScrambler on this point you forgot LEAKY and EXPENSIVE. So we would have a noisy, vibrating, unreliable, LEAKY EXPENSIVE piece of crap that looked good...
but hey, I would park it next to my AMF (leaky) Sporster.

Old 05-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
The only time I use the middle finger is to the grannies or dumb punk kids, or middle age soccer moms who cut me off and/or try to run me off the road. Every rider that goes past me, not matter what they are riding, gets a wave or a head nod (depending on if I am holding the clutch or not). I appologize for my fellow riders that do give you the finger. Thats wrong and there is no sense in it. But don't look at all Harley riders that way. Not all of us are lawyers, or doctors with a new dresser. Or hells yuppies as you call them. MY old man was actually a member of the Hells Angles when he lived in Arizone and became a member of the Devils Deciples when he moved to Michigan. He got out of it when he met my mom though. And I do know a lot of the former members of those clubs. So trust me, I can tell a yuppie wannabe from a true biker.
And I want to apologize that I came across all wrong. My rant, unclear as it was, was directed against the "hells yuppies" themselves and the attitude they bring to bikes. They prefer Harleys, making them a prevailent percentage of harley riders in some areas. (Sadly, Denver is one of them)

Buying an image, I suppose. Gimme some credit, I never said anything about reliability issues. I'm aware that's of the past. I was about a hair from being a Harley rider myself. While in the Marines, I had a chance, while in Japan ironically, to buy a new harley at military discount, without any taxes. (Special thing they give military who are overseas). I was about ready to sign on a 1992 Daytona 75th Anniversary edition Softail, at about half what it would cost to buy from a dealer, delivered to my house in texas waiting for me to return.
I backed out because it would have strained my poor E3 budget too much. Shoulda bought it, though. That turned out to be a popular edition and worth quite a bit real fast.

Old 05-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I was about ready to sign on a 1992 Daytona 75th Anniversary edition Softail, at about half what it would cost to buy from a dealer, delivered to my house in texas waiting for me to return.
I backed out because it would have strained my poor E3 budget too much. Shoulda bought it, though. That turned out to be a popular edition and worth quite a bit real fast.
Its all good man. Like I said. I dont care what you ride. All that matters to me is that you are out there riding. I am respectful to all riders of any type of bike. I wish that some others would carry that respect too (not directed towards you)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That bike that you had a chance to buy is a real nice piece. My dad's friend has one. It is a sweet machine and a nice collectors piece. What do you ride anyway?

Old 05-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

It would probably cost a fortune up front and a fortune to maintain. No thanks, I'll keep my Z!

Old 05-21-2004, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBadScramblerWhat do you ride anyway?
I ride an 82 Suzuki GS650GL right now. A hobby of mine is to dig up a junkyard bound old bike and restore it to good rideable condition. This is the one I did last (number 4), and am getting ready to sell while I look for the next victim.
Saw a 74 GT750 that I am gonna try to talk the owner in to surrendering for my next. The old Water Buffalo is a rare bike nowadays, so I may keep that one.

Old 05-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Cheapass
Imagine the dirt tracks infested with elitist Hell's Yuppies like the streets are.

Hey Harley riders, when someone on an 'other' bike waves, use the whole hand to wave back, not just the middle finger.
Harleys DO rule the dirt tracks.Go to a flattrack race and see what the biggest part of the pro bikes are.They could build a quad but why would they want to? As for your coment about the wave hell I dont even wave at the Yuppie (new Harley )riders myself.Guess I am just aa old timer myself.

Old 05-23-2004, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: aksafari
It would be a noisy, vibrating, unreliable piece of crap that looked good. Why not just put 400ex plastic on a Quadzilla?
lol, i agree, but a harley would be awefully mean in a quad

Old 05-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Trailblazer

So 100 years and still running strong doesn't prove anything? My dad runs a 1991 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Touring, with every possible chrome peice and more lights than I can count. It runs just as strong as anything I've ever seen if not better. Harley Davidson is an amazing american icon. Its not just a hobby its a lifestylye, its something that we americans can be proud of and if any of you jap-crap coffee can crotch rockets riders object, thats your own ignorant opinion and no one could give a rats a$$! (Sorry but I'm very proud of where I live and its annoying when someone ignorant thinks they can bash something they don't understand)

Old 05-23-2004, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ThePredator
So 100 years and still running strong doesn't prove anything?... if any of you jap-crap coffee can crotch rockets riders object, thats your own ignorant opinion and no one could give a rats a$$! (Sorry but I'm very proud of where I live...
Good post, kid. You don't even have to be American to see the light. H/D have been building motorcycles since their Japanese buddies were carving their own guts out on their landlords orders. Americans were producing Harley Davidsons for ten years before Henry Ford's first model T appeared. How ever did it come to be that a few thousand dollars of ad money has a whole goddamned freaking generation of American youth calling Harleys some kind of primitive dinosaur machine (an outright lie) and championing Japanese machines as though they were the best thing since Christ pulled his nails? Did somebody put stupid water in all the reservoires? The U.S. TAUGHT Japan how to build a motorcycle. Look up RIKUO in a search engine. Have you guys gone completely nuts or has ad money addled your kids' brains worse than any drug yet named? Get a grip. ps. I'm Canadian.

Quick Reply: If Harley-Davidson produced a sport quad...would you buy it?