If Harley-Davidson produced a sport quad...would you buy it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 07:39 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If Harley-Davidson produced a sport quad...would you buy it?

Hey TexasPsycho I had one of those V65 Magnas back in 1985(new)it was fast but it was the biggest piece of sh@* I ever owned it turn me sour on all Hondas.Had it for a yr and a half( 25000 miles) went through 3 sets of cams and followers,had high speed wobbles,and I gave $4500 for it and less than 2 yrs later it was only worth $1500.Not good. But I do love the new Triumphs they are sharp and fast.But for value you can beat the old HD. As for the topic of this post HECK no I wouldnt buy a HD quad if they made one I wouldnt even consider one of their new bikes.AINT GOT THE CLASS OF MY OLD ONE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2004, 03:19 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had to share this little story with you guys.

Back in '96 (I think), I went on a Poker Run with the local Motorcycle Club. Most of the bikes were Harleys, except my lil Honda CBR600F2 with a Vance & Hines exhaust among many other things and some older British bikes. At all of the stops I got questions on how many cylinders/carbs I had. I fielded every question along the way. At all the stops everyone went inside the bar and had a few drinks except me cause my uncle was there. It was pretty entertaining till this one guy walked up to me and symbolicly put his smoke out on my gastank(he put it out on his thumb but made it look like he put it out on my tank).

My uncle broke us up right there cause he knew what was up and had seen it many times before(he also knew I hadn't drank a drop). So after a bunch of postering and threats we decide we'll race.

I can't remember what that guy had because it was totaly custom, it didn't resemble any kind of bike I had seen except for the Soft Tail rear. I do know it had an extended swing arm and a fat *** tire behind it. My Aunt said she had seen it win drag races in South Dakoda.

But anyway, we line up outside the bar with my uncle nearly tackling me off my bike, his budies kept me up-right lol.

So the race starts and I pin it as much as I can while keeping the front end down. It turns out I beat him by more than 10 bike lengths in about a 1/2 mile race.

Everyone wanted to race me that night but my aunt and uncle wouldn't allow me to race anymore. That was a hell of a night that saw many people wanting to kick my ***(thank god for my uncle and aunt). But I raced a few times more on back roads when my aunt and uncle fell asleep, I think my "Jap" bike finally gained cred that night because the next morning everyone was cool with me. I never did loose a race that night with my little 600cc bike.

Old 05-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of the 3 Harleys I've owned not one was reliable. 84 FXR, 76 Shovel, and 2000 soft tail. Just my experience. I also wonder why they are so expensive when the motor is only $3500 from the factory. I went back to a Jap bike because I know it'll start in the morning.