Nascar Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 01:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nascar Thread

Originally posted by: DarkFireDragon
I am a Jeff Gordon Fan.
All of the Cup teams can thank Gordon for making all wiring visible and exposed after he won a race last year and could not do a burnout due too traction control. Nascar had too step in. I forget the race but it was rain delayed and finished on on Monday. I understand all teams have too push the envelope but that was ridiculous. Other teams were doing it too...but Gordons stunt was the breakover point.
Gary

Old 05-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Nascar Thread

I root for Dale Jr., Rusty Wallace and whoever can put Gordon and Stewart into the wall.....

Old 05-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Nascar Thread

dale jr. goooo chevy!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Nascar Thread

Cant wait until next week. Hopefully Tony gets put into the wall early.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2004, 04:17 AM
Range Rover
Default Nascar Thread

Orignally posted by garyc660RNow even DJ and Mark M are having some good runs. If this does not work do you think GM teams should run a restrictor plate all year?
Yes, that definatly is the case. I mean, Mark Martin and Dale Jarrett have never been good before, why should they be now. Give me a friggin break. For one, they are both having crappy years. But, yes, the Ford guys definatly suck. That's why Matt Kenseth won the title last year, and why he has won twice this year, as well as Elliott Sadler winning at Texas, and Kurt Busch winning at Bristol again. I've watched him win there in person the last two spring races, but yes, he definatly sucks cause he drives a Ford. I don't care if my favorite guys are driving Datsuns, I'll still be cheering my hearts out for them.

Old 05-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Nascar Thread

#12 Ryan Newman [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Kahne isn't doing too bad either. He is getting close to his first win....sorta like Ryan on his rookie season. He had a bunch of 2nd place finish's and then won the Winston. Then finally got his first win, and last year he dominated with all the poll's and wins. So maybe Kahne will pull one out before the season is over....he has been inch's away twice this year.

I also don't mind cheering for Sterling Marlin(Coors Light!), and couple other guys...like Rudd, Kenseth, or even Jarrett sometimes.

I hate Tony Stewart....espically this year. He has been putting people into the wall since the season started, and people are just now getting on his case. There should have never been a issue about field fillers, because Jeff Gordon wouldn't have had that bad wreck if Stewart hadn't run over Andy Hillenburg. Then at Bristol Stewart almost ruined Scott Wimmer's car. Stewart has been a @$$hole since day one, and whoever punts him into the wall has a thumbs up from me.

I also can't stand to watch Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson.

And Dale Jr.....can't stand to watch him. It's hard to even watch a race because all the announcers talk about is where he's running even if it's dead last, like Las Vegas. I watched a Nascar Classic(Pepsi 400 from Daytona 2000) and Jr. didn't have 1/4 the fans he has now. After his dad past away all his fans fell in line on Jr's bandwagon and I can't make myself rute for him. Hell, I can't even start to like him the way the media, fans, and Nascar baby him. They give Junior the benefit of the doubt in every situation. If he hadn't bragged about spinning himself out at Bristol, there never would have been action taken against him. One case in point, is when Jr. passed below the yellow line at Daytona and Nascar gave him the benefit of the doubt and said he was preventing a wreck. Yet Sterling Marlin passed Elliot Sadler below the yellow line one year after Sadler's ignition failed and his car died, and Marlin was still penalized. Also, did anyone notice durning the Busch Series race a few weeks ago at Talledega....Jr. passed below the yellow line again to get to Truex Jr. and the announcer's mentioned it once, but never said if Nascar was even looking at what happened, but it was clear Jr. had 1/2 his car under the yellow line as he advanced position. Nascar helping Jr. is reason number 1 I can't stand him. Hell, if it wasn't for the fans littering the track, I figure Nascar would have figured out a way to restart the race and give him a chance to beat Gordon. I know it's hard for Nascar to not give Jr. every super speedway. Oh well, they got 2 more chances to get him some wins.

Old 05-08-2004, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default Nascar Thread

And Dale Jr.....can't stand to watch him. It's hard to even watch a race because all the announcers talk about is where he's running even if it's dead last, like Las Vegas. I watched a Nascar Classic(Pepsi 400 from Daytona 2000) and Jr. didn't have 1/4 the fans he has now. After his dad past away all his fans fell in line on Jr's bandwagon and I can't make myself rute for him. Hell, I can't even start to like him the way the media, fans, and Nascar baby him. They give Junior the benefit of the doubt in every situation. If he hadn't bragged about spinning himself out at Bristol, there never would have been action taken against him. One case in point, is when Jr. passed below the yellow line at Daytona and Nascar gave him the benefit of the doubt and said he was preventing a wreck. Yet Sterling Marlin passed Elliot Sadler below the yellow line one year after Sadler's ignition failed and his car died, and Marlin was still penalized. Also, did anyone notice durning the Busch Series race a few weeks ago at Talledega....Jr. passed below the yellow line again to get to Truex Jr. and the announcer's mentioned it once, but never said if Nascar was even looking at what happened, but it was clear Jr. had 1/2 his car under the yellow line as he advanced position. Nascar helping Jr. is reason number 1 I can't stand him. Hell, if it wasn't for the fans littering the track, I figure Nascar would have figured out a way to restart the race and give him a chance to beat Gordon. I know it's hard for Nascar to not give Jr. every super speedway. Oh well, they got 2 more chances to get him some wins.

I have to agree with you 100% NASCAR has majorly been helping Dale and the only reason hes so popular is because of his father that also probably why NASCAR helps him. ( because he is so popular and because Dale Earhart Sr. is his father

Old 05-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Nascar Thread

I have to agree with you 100% NASCAR has majorly been helping Dale and the only reason hes so popular is because of his father that also probably why NASCAR helps him. ( because he is so popular and because Dale Earhart Sr. is his father
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Old 05-08-2004, 11:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Nascar Thread

I was and still am a Dale Sr. fan. I started watching and cheering for Jr. in the Busch series. It cared over to now. Hes got a great team and hes a very good driver. He should win the championship this year.

Yes Jr. gets special help from nascar. But nothing that gives him wins. That comes from him racing. If they wanted to give him something, they should have over turned the Gordon win.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:21 AM
Range Rover
Default Nascar Thread

Okay, I have to argue this one. I'm a fan of Junior, but I couldn't stand Dale Sr. He was a dang good racer, but he was as cheap of a racer as anyone on the track right now. Junior isn't like that, and that's why I respect him. Anyhow, give 'er hell at Richmond Markie. I wanna see that six car in victory lane.

Quick Reply: Nascar Thread