Nascar Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nascar Thread

I was just curious if we have any Nascar fans on this forum. I'm a huge Mark Martin fan. I also pull pretty hard for Jeff Burton, Kurt Busch, Elliot Sadler, and Ricky Rudd. Wondering if you guys have any picks for who's gonna win the upcoming race at Richmond next Saturday night. I'll be pulling for Mark Martin, but I'm gonna go with Ricky Rudd for the win. And this time he won't have to bump Kevin Harvick out of the way. Although if he or anyone else does, that's just fine by me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Nascar Thread

I'm a Dale Jr. fan. Jr. has a tuff time on short tracks but hes been testing alot lately.

Dont know whos going to win Richmond. Hope its not the rainbow warrior thou. Cant stand him.

I hope to see someone put Tony Stewart into the wall this week. After the last two weeks, he needs an A$$ kickin.

Old 05-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Range Rover
Default Nascar Thread

Lol, who's gonna get to Tony first? Kurt Busch or Rusty Wallace? Seems half the garage wants to run him into the wall. The guy has a ton of talent, but a real sh!tty attitude. As for Junior, I like him, and he won at Richmond as a rookie. The only short track he hasn't ever seemed to get a handle on is Bristol. He's been dynamite at Martinsville the last couple of years, four or five straight top fives there. He'll win a champoinship one day. I'm not a Jeff Gordon fan either, but I thought it was pretty cool when he did a burnie over all the beer cans and crap on the track after he won Talladega. The two guys I can't stand are Jimmy Spencer and Kevin Harvick.

Old 05-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Nascar Thread

Jr. was robbed at Talladega. That rule to freeze the field is crap. Its Nascar RACING. Race to the caution flag. Not real fond of the new rule about the last ten races. Bits to know that you could win the first 20 something races and still loose the championship. Crap rule.

As for Stewart, his day is coming. Hes going to upset the wrong driver that wont back down from him. After that driver puts him into the wall, hes going to kick his A$$.

Old 05-06-2004, 09:52 PM
Range Rover
Default Nascar Thread

The freeze the field rule sucks, but it was enforced with safety in mind. It's a crock, but what can you do? Better to not have anyone get hurt by someone pulling a stupid move and nailing an already crashed car. The chase for the championship deal sucks. Matt Kenseth has an awesome year last year, so lets change the format so it's more TV friendly. The champion should go the the guy with the best season, it shouldn't be an issue if he only wins one race, or none at all for that matter. Consistensy wins championships, at least it used to. Now you can slip in to the final ten race deal, and steal the championship from the guy who deserved to win it. Oh well, who knows, maybe that guy who steals the championship will be Mark Martin. I'd be okay with that.

Old 05-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Nascar Thread

There doing it for Tv ratings. Its a shame that its come down to this.

Old 05-07-2004, 12:32 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Default Nascar Thread

I like watching it when I can but I get out the TV bricks when Jeff Gorden wins.

Trending Topics

Old 05-07-2004, 07:52 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nascar Thread

The new rules are killing NASCAR but I still pull for Rusty,Tony and" Woid".

Old 05-07-2004, 09:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Nascar Thread

WIth the format change it will be nearly impossible too compare past and current champoins. A driver can do great all year and at the end of the season have a few DNF's and be completely out of the running. It's almost too the point that scripted roles will be coming too increase ratings. Notice how many commercials we have now....much more than last year. I was at the Bristol springs race and the caution laps were more so Nascar could make more money selling commercial time.
Last year all of the complaining was put too rest about different manufacturers having better cars....everyone was equal FINALLY. Unfortunately the majority of the Ford teams could not run competitive in equal cars. Beginning this year at Daytona the Ford teams recieved a new nose so they could run with the GM teams. Now even DJ and Mark M are having some good runs. If this does not work do you think GM teams should run a restrictor plate all year?

Old 05-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default Nascar Thread

I respect Mark Martin but I have to say I am a Jeff Gordon Fan. (oh and I also cant wait for Tony to get whats coming to him hes been askin for it now for awhile)

Quick Reply: Nascar Thread