Off Topic: How 'bout them Lakers?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004 | 01:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Off Topic: How 'bout them Lakers?!

Another Lakers fan here! Staples center is about 3-4 miles away from where I live. I'm gonna head down there once the finals begin and enjoy all NBA Finals goodness they have to offer.

Old 06-07-2004 | 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think I saw a single Pistons fan out of those [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2004 | 02:40 AM
|
Pro Rider

How about them Lakers, they are such good sports. Not wanting to seem invinsible, lately, they always spot the other team the first game, sometimes two. I don't think the Lakers can win without first being behind. I'll tell you, that series with San Antonio was one of the most exciting I've seen, and I've watched every Lakers' playoff game since 1986. Go Lakers!

Old 06-09-2004 | 11:40 PM
|
Pro Rider

Man!! I wish they would stop waiting until the end of the game to make important shots! Going down 2 games to none would have been tough!

Old 06-09-2004 | 11:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just like the San Antonio series.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I still think there the team to beat, even with Malone on the bench.

Old 06-10-2004 | 12:35 AM
|
Pro Rider

Yeah, 4 in a row, that was awesome! you could have won some serious money in Vegas if you had bet the Lakers would win the next 4 after losing the first 2. Lakers in 6, no problem, this time, too!

Old 06-10-2004 | 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Like I said, I think the Lakers are the team to beat. But the Pistons sure came to play.

Old 06-10-2004 | 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

I would expect the Lakers to win, but only because they are stacked with talent. Everyone says that Phi Jackson is the best coach, but I say let's see how he does on a team like the LA clippers??????? He has always had at least two of the best players on his teams. What about the 1st year the Rockets won? All they had was Akaeme and a bunch of no name players and they won with Ruddy T. as coach. But the lakers have at least 4 hall of famers on their team, so I would expect them to win. But as far as Phi Jackson being the best all time coach.......HAHAHA......He has had his all stars handed to him. Let him go to an average team that has only one all star and see how he does. But, he would never do that, because that would hurt him image!

Old 06-10-2004 | 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DEL700
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I agree just want to see Gary and Karl get a ring. Such great careers deserve a championship ring.

Yes they are great players, but you only deserve a championship when you earn it, not when you jump on a band wagon that is already headed there. I guess that since they could not win one on their own, that they would jump on a team that would win one for them. Sure they contribute, but why couldn't they win one with their teams?????? Maybe they are not championship deserving??????? Just a thought!

Old 06-10-2004 | 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 700vtwinman
Originally posted by: DEL700
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I agree just want to see Gary and Karl get a ring. Such great careers deserve a championship ring.

Yes they are great players, but you only deserve a championship when you earn it, not when you jump on a band wagon that is already headed there. I guess that since they could not win one on their own, that they would jump on a team that would win one for them. Sure they contribute, but why couldn't they win one with their teams?????? Maybe they are not championship deserving??????? Just a thought!
That's true, 700vtwinman.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Off Topic: How 'bout them Lakers?!