Off Topic: How 'bout them Lakers?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004 | 12:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Off Topic: How 'bout them Lakers?!

That's how I feel. Lets see how Phil Jackson does coaching the LA Clippers, or Golden State Warriors, etc. for examples, to get them to the NBA Finals. He has been surrounded by top quality players at Chicago, and now LA.

Old 06-10-2004 | 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

Let me jump in here and give a shout out to all the Texas fans out there whom had 3 teams in the playoffs ..... some even had the Lakers swepted after the 2 losses to San An. so heres to getting swept after winning the first 2 games all you Spurs fans. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2004 | 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DrDune
Let me jump in here and give a shout out to all the Texas fans out there whom had 3 teams in the playoffs ..... some even had the Lakers swepted after the 2 losses to San An. so heres to getting swept after winning the first 2 games all you Spurs fans. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
It is funny how you laker fans were crying last year when the Spurs beat yall on there way to a championship, but when the Spurs lost this year to the lakers, there were no excuses by the Spurs. You should win when you have the Shaq who changes every time he get's the ball under the basket. He lowers his shoulder and plows over whoever is in his way. WOW....can you say charge! But, becuase he is in LA and SOOOOOO big, it is OK for him to charge. I do believe Akaeem showed him the ropes to a four game sweep when shaq was in orlando. Akaeem did it with athelethic ability while shaq just mows people over.....and he can't shoot free throws which should be at lease 70% makable. HMMMMMM.......maybe if someone stood in his way while he was shooting the free throws that he would make more by charging over them.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2004 | 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 700vtwinman
It is funny how you laker fans were crying last year when the Spurs beat yall on there way to a championship, but when the Spurs lost this year to the lakers, there were no excuses by the Spurs. You should win when you have the Shaq who changes every time he get's the ball under the basket. He lowers his shoulder and plows over whoever is in his way. WOW....can you say charge! But, becuase he is in LA and SOOOOOO big, it is OK for him to charge. I do believe Akaeem showed him the ropes to a four game sweep when shaq was in orlando. Akaeem did it with athelethic ability while shaq just mows people over.....and he can't shoot free throws which should be at lease 70% makable. HMMMMMM.......maybe if someone stood in his way while he was shooting the free throws that he would make more by charging over them.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Do you really want Shaq to make free throws? I think you don't. The fact is if Shaq made 70% of his free throws thru out his career he would have surpassed Michael Jordan as the highest scorer of all time. Now do you really want that? and ask for the charges he rarely gets called for, Shaq is the most fouled player in history and yet he keeps playing at a high level regardless of 2-3 guys hanging all over him.

Besides didn't all the Texas teams already get eliminated? Call the Spurs Kobe is a free agent next year!!

Old 06-10-2004 | 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

Yes he gets fouled alot, but most of that is because he PLOWS through the lane and anyone in the way is toast and must foul more for fear of being ran over. I am not knocking the guy. He is a great player, but every since he came into the league, the CHARGING rule has changed. Not on the rule books, but the way it is called for him. If you remember, George Meruason that played was 7'7" and 300lbs, but anytime he plowed into the lane, it was a CHARGE. When shaq does it, it is a foul on the other team or no call. IT IS ALL ABOUT MONEY AND SUPERSTARS THAT DRAW THE MONEY FOR THE OWNERS! People pay to see that stuff. I want to see fair basketball. Think about 15 years ago when palming the ball was called carring. Now days, most of the point guards and shooting guards do that all the time and never get called for it. The league has become a STREET BALL NO FUNDAMENTALS GAME. Soon in a few years, traveling will be 5 stepts instead of 3. It is turning into a watered down street ball trash game and most of the players like Kobe is mostly concerned about themselves. The last time I checked, the word TEAM did'nt have "I" in it. Basketball is the worst sport about players wanting to be "ME" players and not TEAM players. I grew up playing the sport all the way into college, but 15 years ago, it was about the team.

Old 06-10-2004 | 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Easy there big fellow, no need to get acient about things..... your a basketball historian? wasn't there a point in the history of the NBA when dunking the ball was illegal? and not only that but players would under cut any player going for a dunk after it was made legal?! I know the sport has progressed to a higher level, but I hardly think it's going backwards. There is no "I" in team, but to quote a famous commercial there aint no "we" either. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Sorry had to throw that in. Now if you start with the sport has gone black then thats your own quarral. I still think the Lakers rule. Like when Jack Nicholson was asked once are you a Kobe man or a Shaq man? he promtly answered I'm a Lakers man. Yeah!!

Old 06-10-2004 | 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Easy there big fellow, no need to get acient about things..... your a basketball historian? wasn't there a point in the history of the NBA when dunking the ball was illegal? and not only that but players would under cut any player going for a dunk after it was made legal?! I know the sport has progressed to a higher level, but I hardly think it's going backwards. There is no "I" in team, but to quote a famous commercial there aint no "we" either. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Sorry had to throw that in. Now if you start with the sport has gone black then thats your own quarral. I still think the Lakers rule. Like when Jack Nicholson was asked once are you a Kobe man or a Shaq man? he promtly answered I'm a Lakers man. Yeah!!
drdune that is one of the best comercials ever! lol. we both know the lakes are going to win it all anyway. so let the laker haters be laker haters

Old 06-10-2004 | 10:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Here comes the tip off. I will take the Lakers by 8. 78-86.

Old 06-11-2004 | 01:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

See, thats why I dont bet. I would have lost. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-11-2004 | 02:00 AM
|
Pro Rider

Yikes! Detroit has quite a defense don't they[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Off Topic: How 'bout them Lakers?!