FYI Bush backers

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004 | 09:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default FYI Bush backers

We lost a good riding spot in Cheyanne to what looks like it will be a parking lot. It was a city/state MX style riding track, then one day it was closed, and had construction equipment levelling it.

We have yuppies buying land in the national forests and state parks, building houses, then complaining about the jeeps and atv's on the jeep trails that run nearby. The very trails they used to get workers and building supplies up to build their summer houses. The ones that Jeepers made in the 50's.... and have used since. Kelly Flats is one that is in dire danger. Rist canyon is rapidly taking second place.

As one local said in a newspaper article:
"It's like the morons that built houses next to DIA, then complain about the noise. The airport was there when you built the house, idiot. No way you could have missed it. These people have no right to complain about this recreation that's been going on for 50 years in these locations."

Old 07-29-2004 | 10:07 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default FYI Bush backers

Take a walk in New Jersey or Long Island, or any major city areas sometime:

You will see how many strip malls and parking lots and housing developers have decimated any riding areas.

And for those of you who can't read, my post was pointing out that NEITHER SIDE is good for ATVs. So don't vote Bush thinking he's the only friend to ATV riders. It's silly and makes little sense.

Vote based in issues that are real.

Saying you are going to vote Bush because he will protect our riding areas when he has done nothing but the opposite is insane. Like sheep to the slaughter for the wolves, making assumptions will get you the short end of the stick.

Old 07-29-2004 | 10:11 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default FYI Bush backers

scoot:

Show me where Kerry said he wants ATVs banned. Nothing of the kind has been said. Until you have facts and not assumptions you are only fooling yourself. Even the Sierra club does not want them banned. They only want them off public lands that are not designated for riding.

The truth is folks that Insurance companies are what is going to kill public land riding. The liability is just too high for tax payers to be responsible for the bills when someone gets hurt, or when someone ruins something with their stupidity.

Old 07-29-2004 | 10:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default FYI Bush backers

I think at the Federal level you vote for who's "least bad" for the riding situation. Bush ain't going to go and open new areas, but there's less chance that he'll sign a renegade executive order and arbitrarily lock up millions of acres. He did loosen the Clinton blanket roadless ban which locked up so much land it was pitiful. The appointments that an administration makes and the trickle down from there is what I'm concerned about too.

Old 07-29-2004 | 11:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default FYI Bush backers

I wouldnt take much of what is being said right now as truth. There is so much pandering from both sides to special groups for the simple effect of gaining more votes. Its all hype right now. But when it comes to whos going to keep the land open for us to play ... its sure not going to the Democrats............

Old 07-29-2004 | 11:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default FYI Bush backers

Kerry's prior actions and intentions with the environment have been widely publicized. I don't remember atvs being mentioned directly though.

Most of this stuff is bull, and only for votes. We all know that once in office most of the campaign promises are completely ignored. Its just the nature of the office. Government in this country is a joke. Then again, its not all that great anywhere else either.

Old 07-29-2004 | 12:21 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default FYI Bush backers

Maddog:

Finally someone "gets" what I'm tryng to say. It's all a joke. Picking a cadidate because you THINK he will be on your side for something as trivial (to them not us) as ATVs is a silly move.

Old 07-29-2004 | 12:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default FYI Bush backers

Very true. We are much better off trying to support congressional and state govt candidates that share our views. The president will have little say in the bills he makes once they reach the floor of the house anyway.

Old 07-29-2004 | 10:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default FYI Bush backers

Originally posted by: NSA1499
Take a walk in New Jersey or Long Island, or any major city areas sometime:

You will see how many strip malls and parking lots and housing developers have decimated any riding areas.
That damm Bush. How can he let this go on! Strip malls, parking lots and housing developments! Its an atrocity! Its....Its....Its A DAMM GOOD ECONOMY! You are right, we sould elect mr ketchup (or catsup). All of this may stop!

Old 07-30-2004 | 11:24 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default FYI Bush backers

happyV

Yea genius, all that happened in just 4 years. Most of the over-building happened under Clinton actually if you want to get technical. But I see knowing details and facts is not really an issue with you in order to speak your mind.

Quick Reply: FYI Bush backers