seriouse question about car stereo

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004 | 05:12 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider
Default seriouse question this time!!

but it isnt realted to atvs at all...I currently have about 10 gigs of songs on my laptop...and I was woundering what would be the easiest way (if there is a way) to hook it up to my jeep stero so I can listen to the music in my jeep....and also I would want to remove the laptop of course so it has to be detachable...thanks in advance

Old 07-29-2004 | 05:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default seriouse question about car stero

When I download music (or do I????) I just burn it onto a CD. My CD player in my Blazer can play CDRW's. I can usually get 15-18 songs on a CD.

Old 07-29-2004 | 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

What you need is a mp3 changer. If i remeber you can store up to 10,000 songs. You just download it to the player. The drawback to this is you have to buy the head to use it. The last one i saw was a Kenwood. But you are wanting to use your laptop in the car and the source . Well that alone will cost big $ to utilize. I would just buy a indash cd/mp3 player . You can get somwhere in the neigborhood of 120 songs on a disc. Its divided into chaptors. This will cost from 350-2000$ But most heads that you would want are in the 350$ range. Its been a while since i messed with car audio.

Old 07-29-2004 | 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

Just buy any car deck that can decode mp3's.

Depending on quality you can fit anywhere from 150 to 300 songs on a disk.

Otherwise you're looking at a "carputer"....basically a computer that is interfaced into a car stereo system.

Just to a google on "carputer" or "mp3 car" and you should get lots of info.

The first option of a mp3 deck is much cleaner and cheaper!!!

The mp3 decks run about $200 and up here in Canada. I'm sure they're cheaper in the US.

Old 07-29-2004 | 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

well if your radio in your jeep is a tape deck you can purchase a tape adapter to a 1.88 mm jack i believe that is the size may be 2.55 not really sure but it is a standard jack... that you can plug into the audio out on your laptop and play them that way it would cost you about 20 bones...... or you can buy a replacement radio that will accept audio input jacks .... I went the latter route and plug my mp3 player into my car deck......

Old 07-30-2004 | 01:05 AM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

lol...I do have a cdplayer that can decode .mp3....but I dont want to burn cds and then have to find the songs on each cd...I want to be able to have the list sitting right next to me and when I am at a stop light I can change the song..or create play lists and then just go to that...ohh and I have no tape deck

Old 07-30-2004 | 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Then you pretty much have 2 choices.........

1) New in dash deck that has an aux input.... there are quite a few choices out there.

2) power invertor and a really good set of powered computer speakers to put in your truck.

I put in a deck with an aux input in my silverado so I could listen to my mp3 player thru my speakers or play dvds on my laptop for long trips and have sort of surround sound.

Old 07-30-2004 | 01:17 AM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

hmm...time to read up on my stero manual...see if there is a way I could possible get it to work [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2004 | 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

Did you just put in a new stereo? some of the aux input jacks are mounted on the back some are front mounted. they look like a head-phone jack on some models. Mine is rear mounted and is left and right rca jacks.

Old 07-30-2004 | 01:21 AM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

no its been installed for 2 years now...so I havent looked at it recently...and I cant find the manual for it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: seriouse question about car stereo