Political Rhetoric 101

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004 | 04:25 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Political Rhetoric 101

Obviously people are never going to see any two political views the same way.

What makes America great is our ability to coexist within our vast diversity. I will try to no longer enter any political discussions here because I come here to enjoy reading and learning about our common passion of ATV riding. I deal with politics all day at work and I like to come to places like this to get away.

I understand that in a way we are tied directly to it all but let me make this one point.

It matters not who gets into office, land will still be off-limits to ATVs. Most of this is not because of what office is in the White House, it has to do with how convoluted our insurance laws have become. Insurance companies have taken over the country, and the political asylum cannot get control back enough to make any difference. There is too much liability in letting people ride on public lands or even private lands at this point. I own almost 300 acres upstate and I cannot allow anyone but my closest friends ride there because I can't afford to get sued if someone gets hurt.

It's all about money and that's the reality of the situation. As our numbers grow we will have a voice. Right now we are a peep in the dark and too insignificant for anyone to pay attention.

Voting for either party because you think one on on your side for something as small as this is a short-sell of the American system. Exploit the system, use it, learn it, understand it, DO NOT just be a parrot and repeat what you've been told. Our only weapon is knowing how the system works.

Old 07-30-2004 | 05:11 PM
Trailblazer

NSA, you are one of the most unique people I have ever...met...whatever you would call this.I'ts always enjoyable to read what you have to say.What kind of atv do you have anyways?

Old 07-30-2004 | 05:30 PM
|
Trailblazer

BlasterGuy:

Thanks,

I have an 01 Warrior and an 02 Raptor. I actually just picked up the Warrior since they were discontinued, I want to keep one until it's classic. Well, it might be classic now in a sense. Either way I've owned them before and actually traded a Warrior in for my Raptor.

I'm really eyeing a new Z400 though.

Good to meet you too!

Old 07-30-2004 | 05:54 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah the Z400's are pretty nice bikes, the next thing I get is going to be a banshee, kinda want to get one on their last year(if they have a last year it would be funny if yamaha made a rumer about it being disscontinued just for people to buy them), or if I ever run across a good condition lt500.What do you think about your warrior?I think they were too heavy for their engine, but I like warriors more than raptor 350's.For some reason it bugs me that yamaha made a raptor 660, 350, 80, and 50.
I noticed there was alot of people against any of your messages, so I thought you needed more people rooting for you.

Old 07-30-2004 | 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with NSA1499 that diversity is one of the reaseons what makes our country so great, also the freedom to voice our opinions with one another and have a discussion/debate. I saw where Gary had locked one of the other threads that was political, I just hope that the mods dont start locking threads if they take a political turn.....as long as everyone is behaving themselves I would hope that the mods would not shut it down. Yes, I know that this is an ATV webite with forums that are suppose to be about ATVs, but I have also seen dozens of other threads that are not even remotely ATV related and they often dont get removed or locked. If you dont like the topic of the thread then dont read it, I do that all the time.

Also, keep in mind that with the election coming up politics is on peoples minds, so as the election comes and will eventually go so will most of these political topics that get started on here....as long as the threads dont get wild or insulting what is the harm. I have no ill feelings towards anyone on here concerning what their politics might be.

NSA1499, I see that you ride a Raptor....you just moved up a couple of notches in my book[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2004 | 06:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I guess you've never heard of tort reform. But it is always shot down by the trial lawyer backed Democrat party. That's why insurance is so expensive. No one wants to take responsibility if they do something stupid and get hurt, they run to a lawyer and sue.

Old 07-31-2004 | 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

For NSA and others whom I've thrown my soapbox rants towards:

My cousin Scott who lives in Seattle, the most liberal city in America, is as close to a brother as I will ever have. We have been close as twins since we were babies. He grew up in Seattle, I grew up on an eastern Washington ranch. He is a way Leftie, I am a way Rightie.

We email-argue over politics constantly (such as the previous threads). It does get spirited, it is all done in good cheer, and when we finish our philosophizing we are ready to hunt pheasants and drink beer and barbeque elk steaks with Rush playing on the truck stereo.

We love each other dearly while we disagree totally on some issues. But guys there ain't nobody in the northwestern states who can work a big ol' rooster out of a patch of field through pure esp like us, and bag him with a load of 6's.

My roundabout point is to agree with all of you, that we have our common thread that brings us to this point, the forums, and our other disagreements in this spirit are really secondary.

You ride four wheelers, therefore you are my friends.

Old 07-31-2004 | 10:26 AM
|
Trailblazer

Rascal:

We tossed it around pretty good eh?

We may share different political views, but you're right, I bet if we met up riding someday we'd have a blast!

Old 07-31-2004 | 10:32 AM
|
Trailblazer

BlasterGuy:

I like the old Warrior. Yea it's a bit heavy and totally out-dated, but it's a good cruising machine. I too was thinking of grabbing a Banshee before they are killed off.

There is nothing more fun that a Banshee with studded tires in the snow, or an ice covered lake. FUN FUN FUN!!!

I'd love to grab an LT500. I have a project LT250 that was running but I tore it down totally. I'm getting the frame powder coated and rebuilding from the ground up. I was going to do it stock-looking but I'm leaning towards a gold metallic frame.

Old 07-31-2004 | 10:42 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

My cousin Scott who lives in Seattle, the most liberal city in America, is as close to a brother as I will ever have. We have been close as twins since we were babies. He grew up in Seattle, I grew up on an eastern Washington ranch. He is a way Leftie, I am a way Rightie.
funny

I am a rightie stuck in the middle of leftieville (seattle),,,,,it is quite entertaining at times.

Quick Reply: Political Rhetoric 101